Chapter 22~ A Surprise Appearance! Double Trouble at the Festival!

Moonstone was getting impatient with her henchmen. With Quartzite being purified and becoming a cure, they were having bad luck against them. She called them over to her immediately. "You two are just hopeless! Not only have you not gathered any of the Crystal Lights, but you also haven't defeated the Pretty Cure!" She scolded them. "Well, they have grown quite strong since Quartzite joined their team." said Onyx. "Yeah and we aren't quite as powerful as she was!" Obsidian agreed.

Moonstone suddenly got an idea. "That's true. She was the only one who could summon Double Dark Sparkles." She stepped off of her throne and approached them. "Looks like you two are going to need an upgrade."

Meanwhile, the girls were very excited as they were going to the annual Kagakira culture festival. They were all decked out in their yukatas including Kaori and Pearl. The two of them never been to a culture festival before, so they were in awe of all the scenery and energy around them. "Wow! This place looks so cool!" Pearl exclaimed. "I agree." said Kaori. "Let's make this worth while guys!" said Natsu. "She's right! Let's have some fun!" Akari said as she leaned on her. The girls showed Kaori and Pearl around the festival and all that's there to enjoy.

Aika tried out a shooting game and won a penguin plush. "Wow, Aika! You're like a pro at stuff like this!" Momoka complimented her. "Thank you, Momoka!" Then they tried out a fishing game and Momoka managed to collect lots of fish. "Look at the little fishies!" Pearl gushed. "I know right! There's adorable!" Momoka agreed with her. Akari demonstrated her skills at the ring toss and managed to win a cat plush. "Hmm....I was kinda aiming for the soccer ball." Akari handed the plush to Natsu. "Here." "You're giving it to me?" She asked. "Yeah. I'm not one for stuffed animals."

"Wow. Thanks, Akari!" "No problem." She said slightly blushing. Pearl and Kaori both tried out the toy scooping and managed to scoop up some toys. After playing some games, the girls grabbed some food from the food stands as they were quite hungry. "Wow! That was a lot of fun!" Momoka exclaimed as she took a bite of her takoyaki. "I agree. It's been a while since I went to a culture festival with friends instead of my family." said Natsu. "I didn't really go to a lot in my old town either." Akari added. "Did you guys have fun?" Aika asked.

"Yeah. It was quite fun." Kaori replied. "I loved it! As well as the games we played and prizes we won!" Pearl added. "I very much had a lot of fun today." said Kaori. "Oh just wait, there's one last thing we have to do here!" said Natsu. "What is that?" "It's the...." She was cut off by a sudden beeping. Pearl took out the Gem Track she took with her. "There's a Crystal Light close by!" "We better get going then!" They followed the Gem Track to a forest clearing near the festival. "It should be over here." said Pearl.

"Oh. You mean this?" Obsidian and Onyx held the Crystal Light and stood near a Double Dark Sparkle. "Give us that Crystal Light!" Natsu shouted. "Oh really? You're going to have to make us!" said Onyx. "Very well then. Let's go, girls!"

Group Transformation Sequence
"Sparkle! Pretty Cure Crystallization!" All five girls chanted out.
"The bright shine of love! Cure Crystal!"
"The flourishing light of life! Cure Misty!"
"The warmth of the gentle breeze! Cure Hazel!"
"The steel jewel of determination! Cure Ruby!"
"The crystal clear light in the dark! Cure Quartz!"
"We are the sparkling lights that shall return the sparkle of your hearts! We are the Crystal Lights Precure!"

"How sick I am of hearing that." Obsidian sighed. "Same here, bro." Onyx agreed with him. "Get them, Dark Sparkle!" The Dark Sparkle charged at them and began to fight. The cures used their usual techniques to fight back and eventually weakened it. "Okay, since it's a Double Dark Sparkle, let's do our group attack!" said Crystal.

Group Attack Sequence
The cures summon their Sparkle Star Batons. They  then change form and become wands. "Sparkle Star Baton! Wand Mode!" The cures grab onto the wands and they each draw a star of their color. The stars become one and the cures stood in front of it with their newly formed wands. "The power of our combined stars shall return your sparkle! Pretty Cure! Shining Star Blast!" They shot the star with their wands and right at the Dark Sparkle.

But to their surprise, it didn't purify it. "What the?!" Crystal gasped. "Why didn't it work?!" Hazel asked. "You fools. This isn't a normal Double Dark Sparkle." Obsidian sneered. "It's combined with some of Moonstone's powers, so it's immune to your attack." Onyx explained. "No way..." The cures didn't have time to lament as the Dark Sparkle knocked them down hard over and over. It got to the point where it looked like they we're going to lose. "Pretty Cure! Don't give up!" Pearl pleaded.

"Now Double Dark Sparkle, defeat them and their little companion!" They commanded. They tried to get back up, but couldn't as they were too weakened. It looked like all was over, when suddenly the Dark Sparkle was slashed back. The cures looked up in surprise as they weren't the ones who slashed it back, neither did Pearl. No it was someone else who appeared right then and there. The boy in the armor and sword from before was back and standing right before them. "Who...is that?!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Who are you?!" Obsidian shouted. "If you must know, I am the Crystalline Knight in training, Topaz!" Quartz's eyes widened. "Topaz?!" He held his sword up high and charged towards the Dark Sparkle. He slashed the Dark Sparkle with all his might. A little while later, the Dark Crystals fled back to inform Moonstone. It was just him and the cures now. "Topaz? Is that really you?" Kaori asked him. "Quartz?" He turned around and immediately recognized Kaori and Pearl.

She couldn't believe it was really him and he couldn't either. They left the others in confusion.