Chapter 4- The Return Of An Old Friend! Cure Ruby Is Here!

Sekozawa Akari looked out the window of her father's truck with a heavy heart. They were leaving her mother's house and moving back to her hometown, Kagakira. Her parents had just had a divorce and her mother had kicked them out of her house. Her parent's relationship took a turn for the worst when they moved to another city for her mother's acting career. Ever since taking the job, she began acting selfish and self centered. She would constantly neglect Akari and get into constant arguments with her father. But as sad as she was, she was excited to back to Kagakira and reunite with her old friend again. "I wonder how she's doing." She thought to herself.

Natsu, Momoka and Aika were on their way home from school when they approached Natsu's street and they saw a moving truck by the small apartment at the end of the street. "Looks like someone is moving into that old apartment. We should say hello to them." Natsu suggested. Aika and Momoka nodded as they walked towards the house. Just as they approached the house, a girl with a brown haired ponytail walked out. "Hang on a minute....." Natsu stopped dead in her tracks. "Akari? Is that you?" The girl turned around and gasped. "Natsu?! Is that really you?" "Yes! It's me!" Natsu ran up and gave the girl a big hug. "I haven't seen you in ages! I've missed you so much!" "Same! I thought that I'd never see you again!"

"Natsu? You know this girl?" Aika asked. "Oh! Sorry! This is Sekozawa Akari, my old friend back in grade school. Akari, these are my friends Morimoto Aika and Takamura Momoka." "Nice to meet you," Momoka and Aika greeted. "Same here." Akari greeted back. "What are you doing here? I thought you were living in on the other side of the country!" "I was, but my parents recently got divorced, so we're moving back to Kagakira." "You're parents got divorced? I'm sorry to hear that." "It's okay. I wasn't really close with my mother anyway. And since I'm moving back here, I get to hang out with you again!This is going to be amazing!"

*Meanwhile in Moonstone's lair*
"Onyx, I see you didn't find the Crystal Lights and defeat the Pretty Cure like I told you to do." said Moonstone. "Well I was very close, but they now have a third member." Onyx reasoned. "I don't care how many there are. I want them and their turtle companion defeated as soon as possible, so they don't find the Crystal Lights before we do." "As you wish. I'll go back out and defeat them for good." "I expect victory from you Onyx." "Don't worry. I won't let you down this time." As he began to leave, Moonstone sighed to herself. "If he fails me again, I'll be able to use my new experiment."

The following morning went as normal that day, until it was time for homeroom. "Good morning, class. I hope you all had a great weekend!" the teacher announced. "Before we get started with homeroom, I have an announcement to make. We have a new student joining us today that I'd like to introduce you to." "A new student?" said Momoka. "You can come in now." The door slid open and the girl walked into the room. Natsu, Aika and Momoka gasped when they saw her. "Akari?!"

"Now then, why don't you introduce yourself." "Hello everyone! My name is Sekozawa Akari! It's a pleasure to meet you all!" "Miss Akari transferred here from the other part of the country, so let's all give a warm welcome to her!" Everyone in the room clapped. "Now then, you'll be sitting right over there next to Natsu." Akari looked in her direction and smiled. She walked over to her seat and waved at Natsu. Natsu waved back and turned her attention back towards the teacher.

"Am I glad to see you, Natsu! I was worried that I was going to be all alone!" said Akari as she unwrapped her bento box. "I can't believe that we'll be going to school together! Just like old times!" said Natsu. "So Akari, you said that you and Natsu were very good friends. May I ask why you left Kagakira in the first place?" Aika asked. Akari grew silent and stared down at her feet. "It's a long story. Me and Natsu have known each other ever since we were kids. We lived right next to each and we were inseparable. That is until my mother got a new job all the way in the cities for an acting opportunity when I was 7. So we said our goodbyes and left Kagakira. From there, that's where things started going downhill."