Chapter 27~ A Shocking Encounter! The Truth Behind Aika's Legs!

Summer vacation had officially ended and school had started up again. Aika got up and got ready as she normally did. She walked to school with a happy smile on her face. As she entered the courtyard, she accidentally ran into another girl. "Watch where you're going!" She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Aika. "Oh, Aika. Long time no see." She sneered as she walked away.

Aika was confused. She didn't know who that girl was, but she knew her. She explained this to the others at lunch. "So this girl knows you, but you don't know her?" Natsu asked. "Yeah. I'm so confused." The girl walked over to her again. "Ooh looks like you finally have friends. How about any new boyfriends huh?" The way she say the word boyfriends sounded very suspicious to her. "I don't have any boyfriends and I don't need them." She simply stated. "That's not what you said last time. You were crazy about getting a boyfriend, you literally got one to fall for you. To think if I hadn't intervened, you two would still be out and about."

Aika was more and more confused now. A boyfriend? She doesn't remember anything about a boyfriend. And how is she even involved with all this? "Why don't you just back off and leave our friend alone." Natsu stood up for her. "Yeah whatever." She said as she walked away. "This getting more and more weird." said Momoka. "I don't remember ever having a boyfriend either. I don't remember any of this!" Aika felt like her brain was going to roast from all this confusion. "She's probably just messing with you or something." said Akari.

"Yeah, you shouldn't let her get to you too much." Natsu agreed. "Yeah, I think you're right." Despite their words, Aika couldn't stop thinking about all this confusion. That day after school, she went to her parents. "Hey, Aika! How was school?" Her father asked. "About that, there's was a new girl today and she's been on me all day." "What do you mean?" "Well...she acts as if she knows me and said something about me having a boyfriend or something in the past. She even said that she hadn't 'intervened' we would still be out and about. But I'm just so confused."

Back in Moonstone's lair, Obsidian and Onyx were getting fed up. No matter how hard they tried, they just couldn't defeat the Pretty Cure. That's when they had an idea. To take them on one by one. By summoning a Double Dark Sparkle against the one cure, they won't be able to defeat it and will surely be beat.

Their faces immediately turned white. They knew exactly what she was talking about. They went silent. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Oh nothing! You should probably just ignore that girl." They said. Aika left the kitchen, a bit suspicious. Days passed and the girl kept on tormenting Aika and she still couldn't figure out why. But that day after school, Aika found a note in her locker. She expected it to be another love letter, but it was actually just a letter to meet them at the rooftop. She suddenly felt a flashback returning to her. She remembered something like this happened before.

She wasn't sure if she should really meet them as it could be a trap, but something in her was not letting her back down. She carefully crept to the rooftop and was surprised to see no one there. She cling to the fence of the rooftop and waited. Things were starting to get more and more familiar from there, when the girl from before appeared again. "Well, I see you got my note!" So it was a trap. Aika felt extremely stupid. "What do you want?" "Come on, Aika! Isn't this all familiar? Don't tell me you don't remember any of this!"

"No! I don't remember any of this at all!" She shot back. "Geez was the accident really that bad that you lost your memories?" "How do you know about the motorcycle accident?!" "Motorcycle accident? What are you talking about?" "We went on a motorcycle ride when I was seven and we crashed, causing me to severely damage my legs." She explained. "What on Earth? What kind of moron told you that?" "What are you talking about?" "Oh I see! They must have made up a story about your legs to hide the truth from you!" "What truth?! What are you talking about?!"

Before she could speak, Obsidian appeared and stole her inner sparkle. "Today's the day, Cure Misty! Today's the day I finish you!" "I don't think so!" She took out her locket and transformed. "The flourishing light of life! Cure Misty!" The Double Dark Sparkle had been summoned and the battle began right there on the rooftop. Since she was all alone this time, she had a very low chance of defeating it and was easily knocked down. When she tried to give it a sneak attack, it launched her off the roof. This feeling of falling, felt familiar. Too familiar. Suddenly, another flashback appeared.

Flashback
Little Aika was going to head home, when she found a note in her locker. It was from her boyfriend, saying that he wanted to meet her on the rooftop. The naive Aika went up to the roof and waited, only to be cornered by him and another girl. "Hey...uh what did you want to talk about?" She asked. "What I want to know is why did you ever think I could ever like you?" "But...I thought you did." She muttered. "God you are so naive. He only really dated you out of pity. He never liked you at all." She said. Aika felt her young heart shatter. The next thing she knew the girl cornered her and pushed off the roof while laughing. She remembered the pain of the heartbreak, the falling sensation, the laughing of the girl and the sound of sirens.

At that moment, Aika finally realized the truth. Her legs weren't damaged in a motorcycle accident, they were damaged when that very girl pushed her from the roof after breaking her heart. In rage, she flung back up to the roof and felt her power rise. She was able to summon her sword on her own and transformed herself into her knightly form. She fought off the Double Dark Sparkle like never before. "Pretty Cure! Sparkling Flower Blast!" She purified the Double Dark Sparkle on her own.

As everything returned to normal, she quickly ran away before she could wake up. She ran all the way home without stopping to catch her breath. She was almost breathless by the time she got home. She explained to her parents that she knows the truth and that they had lied to her. They were afraid of this traumatizing Aika, so they kept it from her all this time. This explains perfectly why Aika was so cautious about love letters. She was scared of something like this happening again. She hugged her parents as she cried.