85.

-HER-

I was dumbstruck for some moments.

"Then why did you bring me here?" I asked. My mind instantly answered the question for me.

"Why?" She turned her body to me and stepped closer, "You are my blood. I am giving you the opportunity to become my sacrifice," She said with a sense of pride and authority as if she owned me.

I took a step back as I stared at her in disbelief with my eyes wide. I knew that she had her greed behind the purpose of abducting me but I wasn't expecting something like this from her. Although, I shouldn't have been surprised at all in the first place.

Evil was in her nature and she was ready to go to any extent for it.

"No," I muttered as I took another step back. I wasn't going to let her take my life like that. I would never let her succeed in whatever she was set to do with me.

My response made her frown at me before she ate the distance between us and demanded to me, "Why not? I birthed you and I have the right to claim your life," She declared self-righteously.

"I didn't ask you to give birth to me!" I told her, taking big steps back while she followed me. Her red eyes were glowing with rage and the feral look on her face made my heart weak and my bones shiver.

"I don't care if you asked or not. Your life belongs to me," She hissed, "After all the pain that I had to go to through to birth you, I deserve to have your life!"

"I am going to deeply disappoint you," I told her, "Just birthing me doesn't give you any claim on me or even a strand of my hair!"

My words fed her anger before she tried to lung at me but I was quick to leap out of her hold and run around the courtroom while she followed me.

"I will not let you get away so easily," She roared behind me as I somehow managed to run out of the courtroom. Although I didn't feel her follow me. This gave me hope and I ran faster but the hope shattered soon when I felt something wrap around my feet before I collapsed to the ground. Next, I was being dragged back to the courtroom.

She was doing this with her hair. It must be one of those powers that I didn't inherit from her.

I screamed and tried to throw my hands and grab the fallen pieces of rock from the wall. As soon as I was near her, I turned around and slammed a sharp piece of rock into her face without thinking much. I heard the sickening crunch of bones followed by a squishing sound making me wonder if it was her brain.

After the impact, she remained unphased even though jet black blood trickled down her face and my hand. When I took the rock back, I found a dent in the middle of her face but her red glowing eyes still remained on me but the most horrifying thing was the smile playing on her lips while blood streamed down her metallic teeth.

It made me scream on the top of my lungs before I started to thrash around. She laughed out loud at my struggle before hitting me hard across my face. This didn't make me stop. I continued with my struggle as she dragged me closer to the hole.

She hit me hard across the face multiple times but I still didn't give up. I gave her as much trouble as I could. I made it harder for her. I even used all the powers that I had but those were somewhat useless because she knew how to counter them.

I was screaming at the top of the lungs, not caring if I lost my voice. I wanted to be heard. She hit me harder for this.

"No one's going to hear you," She hissed at me, "You are such a brat. I wonder how Tryphaena dealt with you. I can kill you now to make this easier for me but that wouldn't do the work for me," She spoke.

Suddenly, I got an idea. I held clenched my neck and looked at her wide eyes. This puzzled her and she stopped for a moment to look at me properly to understand what was happening to me.

Next, I started breathing hard as if I was dying. Bewilderment and concern climbed on her face as she watched me struggling to breathe. Slowly, the concern deepened on her face and I knew my idea was working.

"What are you doing?" She hissed with a hint of concern.

I didn't answer her and kept acting as if I was struggling to breathe and slowly turned my face blue to give her the impression that I was dying. I knew if I played sick, she wouldn't sacrifice me. A sick sacrifice is disrespectful and I knew she wouldn't do that.

"Are you dying?" She asked in a terrified voice. I slowly continued changing my appearance to make it look like my skin was sagging and it only terrified her even more. She panicked and looked around to help me in some way.

Meanwhile, I tried hard not to smile or smirk because it was funny for me how she went from sacrificing me just a few moments ago to trying to save my life in seconds. Although, I don't know how long I could play this game with her.

"Mother..." I spoke very weakly, trying my best to sound like I was dying, "What did you do to me? I think..." I trailed off, sounding breathless.

"Yes... my dear, what's happening to you? Tell me and I shall do everything in my capacity to cure you!" She told me as she held my hand and looked at me urgently.

"I think I am getting sick... but please go on and sacrifice me to end my misery," I told her in a very dramatic voice.

"No!" She cried, "I cannot sacrifice you like this! I must heal you first!" She spoke while I dramatically fluttered my eyes close to make it seem like I passed out.

"Arsinoe!" She called out for me desperately but I didn't answer her. "Oh no! I must do something to heal you!" I heard her speak before I felt her lifting me up and taking me somewhere.

I internally sighed in relief but I wished harder for Ares to find me soon before it's too late.

...

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 6 chapters for FREE on inkitt.com/parttimewolf

Read the complete book on Patreon. Click on the "Support me" button on my bio to get there. Pledge on the 1st of next month to enjoy all the benefits without any interruption.
Also available on Patreon: Javier, Short Erotic Novellas
Instagram: ptf_16

thanks for reading <3