9.

The song above: Zella Day - Hypnotic

~

A/n> This chapter has some names of the Ptolemy empire. Refer to the Family Tree that was somewhere in the previous chapter to understand the relationship between the characters properly. If you have any doubts then feel free to comment. 

~

-HER-

My breath got stuck in my throat when I saw a familiar tall and slender figure wearing white clothes of linen stalled in regally inside the room.

It was my half-sister and the pharaoh of Egypt.

It was her psechet on which my eyes landed first. It screamed of all the power and superiority that she possessed and the uraeus on the front of her psechet made her royalty all the more obvious. Her eyelids covered with her signature blue eyeshadow made her eyes look otherworldly. Her signature black Khol made her eyebrows more prominent and made her eyelashes seem longer and beautiful.

Her neck was covered with jewelry made from all sorts of precious metals and stones, though most of them had pearls in common. It was easy to tell that they were her favorite.

I was finally able to realize that she still wore the same tunics from Rome. Though these were made of linen rather than cotton. I couldn't quite understand whether she was wearing it to symbolize something or because it was more comfortable in the desert heat. Her hair ended at her shoulder and to keep it off her face, she braided it in a peculiar manner which made her hair appear to be serpent-like sometimes. It too had pearls in it.

Big earrings made of gold and gilded with pearls peaked out of her hair and added to her beauty. She was still very breathtakingly beautiful. Her body still promised to lure more men like Caesar and Anthony into her traps. There was not a sign of aging on her face or body. Had I never grown up with her then I'd have been very much convinced that she had crawled out of Tryphaena's (Cleopatra VI) womb wearing all those jewelry and pearls in her hair.

She wore golden sandals, encrusted with more pearls, that clinked whenever she walked. As she slowly headed towards the throne, I noticed that Osaze was following her closely.

This made me raise an eyebrow. Did she marry him too so that she could continue to keep the throne for herself? Since Theos (Ptolemy XIII) was killed in Cleopatra's affair with Caesar and she wasn't allowed to take the throne without a male by her side, she chose Osaze? Osaze was nor physically fit and neither he was learned and educated about the court and hence was not suitable for the throne. Cleopatra must have loved that since there would be no one to poke nose in her business unlike Theos when he was alive and married to her.

Cleopatra climbed the elevated surface before she turned to the public and sat on the golden throne. Her chin was high and her warm brown eyes looking everyone down. Osaze chose to stand at the side of her throne. His face was void of any expression and his black eyes were fixed somewhere at the end of the room. He only seemed to be physically present in the room. His crippled hand was covered under the fabric of white linen that also happened to cover the rest of his body.

The servants started to fan the Pharaoh instantly with those big palm tree leaves. Even her fans were gilded with gold and peals. One of the servants bowed his head extremely low as he stepped forward with a cup of her favorite drink. Cleopatra took the cup from the servant's hand in a manner that'd ensure no skin contact with the inferior race.

As she made herself comfortable on the cushioned throne, the guards finally motioned for us to settled down at our places. I sat at my place and continued to witness the rest of her antiques. She hadn't changed a bit ever since I was sent to exile. In fact, her pride and superior mannerism had been lifted to a new level due to the prosperity of her rule.