66.

-HER-

I stayed upstairs whilst I heard him move around the house and do some work. I wanted everything to be quiet and him to be gone but the fear of someone being out there was still haunting me.

When the night dawned and I started feeling hungry again, I went downstairs again to make dinner. He soon came into the house when it had started to rain outside.

"What are you making for dinner?" He inquired casually while stepping behind me and placing his hands on either side of me and burying his nose in my hair.

"Don't touch me," I gritted at him. I felt this unknown resentment towards him. All of a sudden, I wanted to blame him for everything but I didn't. I couldn't find the audacity to do that after he had saved my life.

"You're my mate and I have marked you," He responded to me sternly. I felt the same possessiveness drain into me through the bond. It easily overwhelmed me.

"That doesn't mean you own me!" I gritted and tried to walk away from him but he pressed his front against my back, trapping me with his body.

"What's up with you, Arsinoe?" He asked gently instead. Meanwhile, I grounded my teeth as my I edged closer and closer to bursting out with anger.

"Just leave me alone!" I cried out in anger and expected him to just leave me alone but he didn't. He didn't even move an inch. Instead, he pressed himself firmly against me before pressing his lips gently against my mark.

I trembled but I soon recovered and shoved his face away. At this, he growled lowly, "I am not going to leave you alone anymore,"

"What do you want from me!" I pushed him back with sudden force. It took him by surprise once but he was quick to hold on to my wrist and turn me towards him.

"Why are you mad at me? Is it because of last night? Tell me what did I do wrong?" He demanded.

"You saved me, that's what you did wrong! You burned Chefren alive..." As soon as I got another flashback of the scene, I dropped to my knees and hid my face in my hands before breaking off into tears.

"Who was Chefren?" He asked. He sounded calm but there was this edge to his voice that was unmistakable. My chest filled with jealousy that had drained into me through the bond. I sobbed harder at his inquiry. I didn't know what to tell him.

I felt him kneel beside me before he took my hands off my face and put a finger under my chin to make me look into his eyes. He asked again, "Who was Chefren?"

I controlled by sobbing and looked him back in the eyes. Our faces were so close that for the first time I was able to notice that not all of his iris was silver. He had some vibrant blue specks in them too.

"Tell me, Arsinoe," He pressed when I didn't answer him. The air in the room was thick with tension as we stared into each other's eyes. "Are you angry at me because I killed that man?"

"Yes," I breathed. I didn't miss how one of his jaw muscles ticked at my response whilst his eyes grew intense. "Who was that man, just tell me!" He demanded. The tone of his voice rose slightly.

"I loved him once," As soon as those words feel out of my mouth, the black in his pupils bled into his eyes completely. The possessiveness that I felt at the moment was too much for me to take. A dangerous guttural look climbed on his face before he clutched my cheeks almost painfully, "Do you still love him?" He growled demandingly.

Tears trailed down my eyes as fear bubbled inside me. Suddenly, I was very uncertain why I was making this chaos. Why was I angry at him exactly?

"No," I answered without thinking. This seemed to have calmed him down a bit before he asked me next, "Then why are you bothered about his death?" He inquired, making sure that I don't look away from his eyes. They grew intense with every passing moment. The longer I stared into them, the more I seemed to get lost.

"Answer me, Arsinoe! Why are you upset about his death? Do you still love him?" He growled.

"I don't," I told him again. Suddenly, it hit me. The resentment that I was feeling, it was because of Chefren, "I wanted to kill Chefren myself," I told him. Suddenly, I felt relieved while he seemed to be taken by surprise.

"I..." He trailed off before releasing my cheek and looking at me in a fix, "I was so blinded by rage when I saw you two kissing that... I couldn't control myself. I wanted him dead right away for stealing you away from me." He breathed hard as he spoke. I could see him struggling to be in control. He was very close to turning out the same way he had been last night - dangerous and destructive.

"How long have you known him and how far did you go with him?" He demanded next. The jealousy and possessiveness flowing into me were already too much to take for me. I didn't know how he'd have reacted after knowing my history with Chefren so, I decided to dismiss the topic.

"I don't want to talk about it," I grumbled and wiped my tears before standing up and heading back to the kitchen.

He stopped me midway and again spun me around before asking, "What do you think of me, my pharaoh?" His question made my blood rush to my cheeks as I peered at him.

"You're nice, Ares," Was the only answer I could give under his intense fervent eyes. It seemed to have satisfied him for then because he let me cook dinner after it without bothering me with any other questions. Though he stood behind me while I cooked and helped me a bit.

We ate dinner in silence before finally retiring to the bed. As he took me to his bed, I chose not to protest.

"I haven't kissed you all day," He groaned after we were in bed. He was cradling me as always and his lips rested on my neck and one of his arms were draped over my waist. Although this particular night, I didn't fail to miss how close his hand wandered to my bosom.

"I want to kiss you," He groaned as he turned me around before capturing my lips. I found myself responding to his kiss without any resistance. While he kissed me passionately, I felt him grope me.

"Ares," I moaned at the new sensation.

"Mine," He growled possessively before kissing me goodnight. I sighed deeply after the kiss while waiting for sleep to greet me. Meanwhile, he cupped one of my breasts and buried his nose in my hair. After a long day of storm, tranquillity greeted us both.

...

read the next 6 chapters for free on inkitt.com/parttimewolf

read up to chapter 92 on patreon.com/Benita_16

the links are also in my bio. follow me on Instagram for updates on my new projects. Instragram: ptf_16

thanks for reading <3