63.

-HIM-

I sensed something was wrong as soon as my wolf stirred very anxiously. With him, my instincts were also screaming that something was wrong somewhere. A sense of urgency washed over me instantly.

"Arsinoe," Her name rolled out of my lips as a whisper while I was hit with this strong urge to see her. Deep down, a voice was telling me that it had something to do with her.

Was it right of me to let her go to the temple? She was still in heat and I knew it made her very weak and fragile. I didn't have the heart to leave her in the morning but I was also aware that I had been missing work for the past days and we were short on money.

I was pushed deeper into bewilderment but I ended up letting my wolf guide me home unlike last time. It was nearing the end of the day anyway and my hand ached to touch her whilst the absence of her taste on my tongue drove me wild. I missed her scent laced with mine.

The woods were drenched in darkness and the cold night wind ruffled my hair as I walked home. The woods seemed so eerily silent today. It was disturbing me.

My heart was palpitating in my chest while I clenched and unclenched my fists. My wolf stirred again but this, with more urgency and restlessness. I had never craved for her so badly. My whole being was yearning for her.

I was finding it hard to bear the walk home so I phased and ran to the house instead. I heard the birds sing their warning song before I stepped past the curtain of trees that surrounded the lake and the house, we lived in.

The night air brought her scent to me. I filled my lungs with her intoxicating scent and let it play on my tongue as I neared the house. I could see the light of the lamp burning inside the house through the open window but the voice inside me screamed that she wasn't home.

It was then when I registered this unfamiliar scent in the air for the first time. It belonged to a man. As I tasted his sweat in the air, I rounded the house and barged in, only to find it empty. Instantly, I was hit with a huge wave of disappointment and anger as my mind started to weave possible explanations behind her absence and the presence of that strange smell.

Did she elope with someone else? Did she really leave me?

This filled my chest with jealously whilst my nose rose higher in the air to smell the foreign scent properly. In that instant, I wanted to know everything about its bearer and what he had to do with my Arsinoe.

Every cell in my body burned with anger and jealously. I was finding it hard to believe that she could do this to me. I started to sniff aggressively and followed the scent outside the house as well. From anything else that I could guess about the bearer- he was a human.

The house instantly shook with my thundering growl. I didn't spare a moment to follow the scent. It led me deeper into the woods where any normal mortal wouldn't dare wander in the dark without being armed.

I ran through the woods, leaving everything behind in a blur.

The scents were fresh, giving me hope that the two of them would be somewhere near. The ire in me threatened to manifest in the forms of huge, red flames that would reduce anything and everything into ashes.

I was just a few moments away from setting fire to the whole place. This time, I wouldn't mind how much destruction it would cause. I would only stop once I get to her and make her mine. I have waited for her and have tried to win her over all this time by being soft. This time, I wouldn't shy away from showing her my dark side.

She's meant for me. She is my mate and no one else could get away with laying their eyes on her with the intention of taking her away from me. My wolf pumped his legs faster as he dashed through the gaps between the trees.