51.

-HER-

I fell asleep after eating. When I woke up next, my body felt so heavy while I felt even more exhausted. He wasn't in the house but something told me that he was outside, doing something. To confirm this, I heard some noises outside. The sound of wood being chopped.

I looked out of the window to find him. I was right. He was by the lake, chopping wood. The sun was starting to lose its heat, hinting away that it was past afternoon. My body still felt hot and my legs still ached.

The juncture between my legs was surprisingly wet. I wanted to go out to check if I was bleeding. I forced myself to sit up. It instantly left like my abdomen was on fire.

"What are you up to?" He scowled when he entered the house and saw me sitting up. I glared back at him and answered, "I want to go outside,"

"Why? I brought you everything," He frowned, looking around to make sure that everything was there. Heat rushed to my face before I demanded, "I want to go outside," With his eyebrows together, he looked at me as if I were the most complex thing in the realm.

"Fine," He grumbled, moving towards the bed, "Can you stand up on your own?" He asked as I moved closer to the edge of the bed.

"Yes," I internally winced due to the pain but the wetness between my legs was slowly making me impatient. I wanted to go outside before my blood decorated anything in the house. He watched me warily as I put my feet down and tried to stand up.

He instantly held my arm to hold me upright. Instantly those strange sensations fired up from his touch and travelled throughout my body. I leaked more before glaring at him. The look of surprise on his face told me that he felt it too.

I noticed how his silver eyes were completely black as he looked down at me heatedly. It made me flush even more.

"Let me go," I gritted at him. He stared at me for a moment longer before asking in a comparatively deeper voice, "Why?"

"Just let me go! I don't like it when you touch me. I can stand on my own," I hissed at him. A look of dismay climbed on his face before he let me go hesitantly. I tested my balance and found that I was able to walk.

"I smell blood. Are you hurt?" He asked suddenly when I was about to step away. I felt terrorized when I looked over my shoulder and noticed the bloodstain on the bedsheet. I instantly turned the same shade of red as my hair.

Meanwhile, I noticed him staring at my ass. I looked down behind to find my dressed stained with blood around my hips. Since my dress was white, the red blood stood out more prominently and proudly and his eyes kept glued to that.

"Just get out of my face," I elbowed him away. It made him snap out of his daze.

"What did I do?" He mumbled innocently at my sudden rage. I stormed out of the house to find a place where I could hide with the embarrassment. The sight of the lake's water was tempting me to drown into it. My body felt hot and it ached too. The water seemed promising to put me at ease.

I stripped and settled into the water. It instantly took the heat away and I sighed in relief. Just when I was starting to feel better, he walked out of the house without any warning.

"THE FVCK'S WRONG WITH YOU!" I screamed at him when he almost saw me naked. My voice echoed in the silent forest. He mumbled something apologetically under his breath before he turned on his heels and left me alone.

I relaxed there for some moments before patting myself dry. After making sure he was nowhere inside or around the house, I put my dirty clothes back before heading inside. I went straight upstairs to get my fresh clothes before I could wash the spoiled one.

With fresh clothes on and my hair perfectly combed, I climbed downstairs. He was back already, working on the kitchen. He looked at me from over his shoulder but instantly looked away after receiving a glare from me.

I walked to his bed sternly before grabbing the blood-stained bed sheet and walking out of the house with my head held high. I felt his eyes on me meanwhile but I completely ignored him. I washed the blood off the clothes before I laid them out to dry.

"I have washed your bed sheet. It's drying outside," I told him without looking at him when I walked back inside the house. I didn't wait for his reply before I started climbing upstairs.

"Thanks," Was all I heard him grumble. I took a sigh of relief when I was finally back in my safe place. I missed my bed for the past couple of days. Although as soon as I laid in my bed, I found that it lacked the warmth and musky scent of his bed but I ignored it anyway.

After another nap, I woke up to have dinner. I munched on my fruits while I heard him fiddle with things downstairs. I checked on him once to find him still working on the kitchen. It was almost done. He was cleaning some parts. I watched him work as usual as I finished my dinner and went back to sleep.

I descended into a dreamless sleep. The next day I woke up feeling comparatively better. My body was still aching and I was still bleeding. I went down to wash change the strip of cloth that soaked the blood.

He was out already, chopping wood. Our gaze locked as soon as I walked out.after giving him a mean look, I looked away and concentrated on washing the clothes.

"Do you want me to accompany you to the temple?" He asked when I was about to leave for work.

"No, thanks," I said without sparing him a glance and set out for work. I wondered what the women at the temple were thinking about me. They probably must be thinking that I died or disappeared since I didn't show up for the past days

"Arsinoe, you're back!" Chirped one of the temple priestesses happily when she saw me and asked, "How are you feeling now?" Her question confused me for a moment before I answered, "Er... I am fine. Thanks for asking,"

"That's great. Your man must have taken good care of you," Her words fed my confusion even more. I was finding it hard to understand where she was coming from.

"Er... what do you mean?" I asked her hesitantly. She looked at me in confusion before answering, "Why? Your man, he came here three days ago asking for help. Said you were very sick. He looked very concerned for you... he must love you very much to be that devastated just by your sickness,"

I was left speechless at her words. I didn't know how to react to her so I kept my mouth shut and got straight to work.

"Arsinoe, you're back!" It was Theto while visiting the temple. "How are you doing?" She asked the same question. My answer wasn't anything different, just like the conversation that flowed next.

"He has taken good care of you, it seems," She remarked suggestively. Blood rushed to my cheeks while I tried to act oblivious to her comment and tried to focus on the work.

...

read up to chapter 74 on patreon. read the next 6 chapters on inkitt. the links are in my bio

instagram: ptf_16

facebook: parttimewolf