54.

-HER-

While his gaze burned on me, I resumed eating.

"What do you think I can possibly want from you?" He inquired instead. I shrugged and continued eating, not meeting his gaze for once.

"Look at me when I am talking to you," He growled and slammed his hands on the table all of a sudden. I sat up straight, looking at him with my eyes wide. His eyes burned with ire while his jaw was set. A shiver ran down my spine but I maintained my calm on the surface and tried to look as stern as the situation demanded.

"Who do you think you are!" I gritted back at him, holding his gaze. I knew that doing so was equivalent to challenging him but I didn't put much thought to care about it in the heat of the moment.

"A prince whose right to the throne has been suspended because he chose his mate," He growled. His words took me by surprise by I tipped my chin high and answered, "No one told you to do that,"

By then, I was done eating so I took my plates and went to the kitchen. I heard his chair scrape and then his footsteps followed.

"I couldn't put the future of my kingdom at stake," He growled behind me all of a sudden, making me jump.

"That's why my life is being sacrificed?" My voice wavered as I said that. It surprised me to know how my emotions were already so out of control. I wanted to sound stern and strong, not weak and vulnerable. I didn't want him to take advantage of me.

I felt his breathing down my neck. Goosebumps erupted all of over my skin while my eyes burned with unshed tears. It felt like I was slowly falling apart and all the self-esteem I had managed to acquire was coming undone simultaneously.

"I have lost a lot of things," He gritted while I stepped aside and stepped away from his tall and wide frame. His eyes turned with my moment but I didn't dare look back at him. I didn't want him to see me crying. That'd be a sign of weakness, an invitation to walk all over me.

"And you'll get them back so stop your nonsense," I yelled back at him but still not sparing him a glance. I was about to storm upstairs but he was quick to step behind me again. His huge hand gripped my arm and spun me around with so much momentum that I ended up slamming into him. My balance was affected by this right away but his hand was enough to keep me upright.

"You think this is all nonsense? I cannot see my family and my people for the next twelve years! I was supposed to be crowned king. Instead, I am sent to exile!" He growled in my face. I glared at him as his fingers dug painfully in my arm. I didn't flinch at it. The pain was familiar but the tear rolling down my cheek while he glared down at me wasn't.

"Well, you still have something to go back to. You should be grateful for that!" I told him with a fake sweet smile while my eyes burned red with tears. His eyes softened and his hold lightened on my arm before I was finally able to feel the sparks that always evoked something unfamiliar inside.

He seems to have felt that too because his eyes darkened instantly. His gaze was too much for my teary eyes to hold so they climbed down to his beautifully carved lips. Before I could understand what was happening, his lips were on mine and his arms were around my waist to hold me flush against his hard, muscled body.

The sparks intensified as they travelled throughout my whole body, making me freeze. All my senses abandoned me as I felt him move his lips slowly and gently against mine. I shivered in his arms as he ran his hot, wet tongue against my lower lips before sucking it gently. I moaned uncontrollably against his mouth but it was swallowed by him instantly.

The unification of our lips triggered the strongest sparks that I have ever felt. They travelled through my whole body and stopped at my core. I was shaken from inside out as he continued to devour my lips.

When another moan threatened to travel up my throat, my senses finally decided to claim me back. I rested my hands on his chest and tried to push him away but he didn't budge. Instead, I felt one of his hands abandon my waist before travelling up to my neck. He held my neck and tilt my head back for him to gain better access to my mouth.

My heart sped up and my stomach dipped as a toe-curling sensation took over me. The moan that I had been holding back left my lips as his tongue entered my mouth and met mine. My moan only encouraged him to take things further before the kiss became heated and demanding.

When he pulled back, I gasped for breath. Taking advantage of my distraction, his mouth descended down on my neck. I felt it open and close around the area of my neck where it united with my shoulder. I wanted to curse him out loud but when his canine scraped angrily against my skin, I instead found myself moaning his name out loud.

"Ahhhh, Ares,"

Meanwhile, he sucked and nibbled on my skin mercilessly, I felt my southern lips tingle and my stomach clench with need. It had been very long since I had felt desire. The logical part of my mind threatened to abandon me while my primal urges were screaming at me to surrender to him because my body was enjoying his touch.

At the moment, I was fighting more with myself than against what he was doing. I was confused about why my body was reacting to him like that. Did he put me under a spell? Were werewolves capable of magic? I had enchantress blood in me, most of the magic never worked on me then what was it exactly?

Was it because I was pared with him? If it were the case then it was very unfair because my will was not a part of the process.

Even though desire coursed through me, I put my hands in his hair and yanked his head back forcefully. The effect of my action didn't have that much intensity but it definitely detached his mouth away from my neck.

"Get your hands off me," I gritted at him with the previously burning tears before attempting at another push to his body. He let me go this time. His dark eyes blazed with lust and possessiveness as I spun on my heels and stormed upstairs.

I was shaking when I was back in my safe space. Flashbacks of my time with Chefren wasn't helping me either. I sat in the corner and sobbed until I was reminded of my capability to think straight. It was then when I felt something burn on my neck.

Sparks sprang to life as soon as my fingers brushed the place where his mouth had been some moments ago. I instantly found the mirror to have a look at whatever he had done to my neck. A gasp slipped past my lips when I found an angry, dark bruise sitting on my perfect porcelain fair skin.

It looked bad on my beautiful neck but deep down, it watered the sprouts of desire in me. I could only guess what it meant. Wolves marked things to indicate possession. Did he think I was his possession too?

The thought fanned the flames of my deepest desire and made me mad at the same time.

"You're disgusting!" I screamed in the silent night.

___

read up to chapter 77 on patreon. read the next 6 chapters on Inkitt for free. the links are in my bio :)