58.

-HER-

"Leave me alone," I gritted at him but my throbbing core cried for him. Without breaking eye contact, he stalked towards me, "You're in heat, Arsinoe," He grumbled while gazing down at me heatedly. Lust was very evident in his eyes. It made me sink deeper into the water until my eyes were only unsubmerged.

"Arsinoe, get out of the water. You need help," He grumbled.

"I don't need your help," I surfaced to tell him before submerging fully into the water. By now, the pain in my abdomen and legs was starting to get too much. I wanted to stay longer in water but its calming effect was gone. I was again starting to feel hot despite the freezing cold water.

My heart thumped wildly in my chest as adrenaline rushed through my veins. The pain and desire were slowly starting to consume me. When I finally surfaced the water, he was still standing there, unmoved. The only thing that had changed was the intensity in his eyes. It only increased with every passing second.

"If you don't get out of the water then I will get into it," He spoke deeply. I peered at him, still flushed but decided to do as he said because fighting him was the last thing I wanted to do at the moment.

"Go away first. I am naked," I mumbled. I only received a very hard stare from him before he disappeared inside the house. After checking that he wasn't peeking through the window, I walked out of the water and dressed.

My body grew very hot instantly and I grunted in pain as I struggled to walk inside the house. I found him patiently waiting as he sat on the edge of the bed. His eyes darkened as soon as they fell on me. I found myself flushing under his gaze.

"Come here," He grumbled grimly. I noticed how his body seemed tensed like a vine spring, ready to leap at any given stance.

"No," I breathed as I tore my eyes away from him. Although, my body was aching to go to him. The more I stared at him, the more inviting he looked despite being so dangerous. With that, I started to climb the stairs but he stopped me with a growl.

"I told you to come to me, Arsinoe," He grumbled. The desire flowing through my body was starting to interfere with my reasoning at the moment. I wanted to leap at him and tell him to take me but I knew better.

"I don't want to go to you," I mumbled and started to climb the stairs again. This was all it took for him to leap from his bed. He was instantly behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist and scooping me up.

I gasped at his sudden action while my body rejoiced our closeness. Surprisingly I didn't fight him as he took me to his bed and laid me down gently. Although I was quick to roll away from him and turn my back at him.

"Do you trust me, Arsinoe?" He asked grimly behind me while I felt him breathe down on me. Meanwhile, he rested his hand on my arm, sending those strange sensations all across my body. At his touch, my core pulsed more strongly and I had to gather all the self-control to contain myself from moaning out loud.

It was definitely something new for me. I had never experienced it before. Not even with Chefren.

"No," I whimpered. I heard him let out a disappointing grunt behind me before I was being covered by a thick blanket. I was already hot and I didn't need it so I kicked it away instantly.

"Arsinoe," He breathed behind me, "I understand that I have hurt you and disgusted you but I promise I can make this stop. Let me help you, please?" He spoke very gently this time as I felt him run the back of his hand on my cheekbone.

I shivered at this while my core wept even more.

"No," I shivered while I dared to look at him over my shoulder. His face was very close to me. His eyes were completely dark, simmering with lust.

"Arsinoe, this will be painful," He told me while he continued to stroke the back of his hand gently against my cheekbone. I was left dumbstruck for a moment because I wasn't expecting him to be this gentle or caring. He added soon, "At least let me hold you. It will help my wolf calm down," He looked deeply tortures as he spoke that.

"No," My answer remained the same. He growled out loud at this, making me whimper very lowly. I expected a hit from him for turning down his offer but he surprised me by stepping back and pacing at the edge of the bed.

Although I was soon interrupted by a very strong wave of pain that travelled throughout my body, I didn't miss the hurt in his eyes as they fell on me. I couldn't hold back the painful moan at the suddenness of the pain. This made him groan.

"Arsinoe, please. I cannot see you like this. Let me help you? At least let me lay down with you... please," He spoke but this time, with urgency.

"I don't trust you," I answered him up straight. This made him grunt in disappointment again.

"Arsinoe, please... give me a chance?" He requested. I almost melted at how gentle he sounded but instead of a 'yes', another painful moan slipped past my lips. At this, he grunted as if he were in pain too.

"I will be right back, Arsinoe. Hold on please," He said urgently and with that, he left. Slowly, the pain intensified while I withered on his bed. My eyes swelled up with tears as I swallowed my painful screams. My whole body was on fire.

I didn't know for how long was he gone but when he returned, it felt like forever. His eyes held pity and concern for me as he rushed to my side with a goblet in his hand. Seeing him like that stirred something in me while I swallowed another cry of pain. He placed the goblet away before attending to me.

"You're getting worse," He commented as he shifted me on his lap. I instantly found his presence calming and serene. I sighed with relief for a moment as I clung to him while he ran his hand through my hair.

Whatever he was doing, it felt very good, he smelled very good, his very presence was so very appealing, I was tempted to crush my lips against his but instead of that, I found myself burying my face in his chest with embarrassment.

"Drink this. The pain will go away by tomorrow," He spoke very gently as he held the goblet against my lips. I decided not to read too much into it and just drink whatever was in it. I was so desperate to get rid of the pain that I'd have accepted the goblet completely had he told me that there was poison in it.

As soon as I drained every single drop out of it, he put it away and held me dearly while I kept my face buried in his chest. Meanwhile, I felt him rest his chin over my head while running his fingers through my long, red hair.

I concentrated on his heartbeats and his rhythmic breathing. It was oddly very calming to me. I clung to him as he shifted slightly under me.

"It's okay. We're just going to lay down. I will not leave you anymore," He whispered gently as if he was putting a baby to sleep. It surprised me very much. I was seeing an entirely different side of him. I could have never thought in my wildest dreams that he could be so gentle as he placed me down beside him so carefully as if I were made of glass.

I heard him blow off the candles next before he pulled the thick blanket over us. The next thing I knew was him draping his arm over my waist and pulling me extremely close to his body. I sighed in content at the closeness but I wasn't ready when he lips softly fell against the mark on the back of my neck. I shivered in his arms and it encouraged him to continue pressing small kisses.

"My Pharaoh," I heard him whisper as exhaustion dragged me into a deep sleep.

...

read up to chapter 81 on patreon.com/Benita_16

read the next 6 chapters free on inkitt.com/parttimewolf

thanks for reading <3