71.

-HER-

"Really? How?" I asked him urgently, almost shoving my face into his and peering deep into his glowing silver eyes in the dark. He chuckled lowly before pecking my lips. It took me by surprise but what surprised me more was that I didn't flinch back or move away – something I would have done previously.

He seemed to have noticed this too because the tips of his lips tugged up instantly before he pressed them against mine again. I kissed him back gently without any protest. This encouraged him to deepen the kiss.

Meanwhile, I felt his hand travel all over my body, tracing and remembering my curves. I moaned in his mouth as he groped me. My own hands were busy admiring his body. The fact that he slept shirtless made it even better.

He groaned against my lips before his mouth found the mark on my neck. My core tingled with need as his mouth closed around the mark. Woven in a moan, his name rolled out of my tongue. I felt desire and need fill my chest through the bond.

My heart thrashed in my chest as he explored my neck with his lips. The occasional brushes of his sharp canines made the juncture between my thighs wet as a huge wave of pleasure washed over me. The sparks that I once hated the most were now dancing on my skin with the joy of our union.

My breath hitched when I felt him undoing the back of my dress. At this, I slightly pushed him off. He looked down at me with a deep frown decorating his face.

"No," I groaned as he tried to kiss me again. I was aware of where this would head if I let him continue. I was starting to want him but I didn't feel ready yet. There were still a lot of things that we needed to talk first.

"Please," He groaned against my skin before closing his mouth around my neck again. I sighed deeply as another wave of pleasure washed over me. A sound escaped my lips which was a mix of a moan and a groan. I put my hand in his curly hair before tugging him back slightly to make him look at me.

"Not tonight," I told him gently. He groaned and laid back behind me. Although I could still feel the lust through the bond. He ended up spooning me anyway. The way he had my back pressed to his front; I swore I could feel every inch of his body.

He removed my hair until the back of my neck was exposed. I shivered when his lips landed on the mark on the back of my neck. While his arm was draped heavily around my waist, I felt his hand cup one of my mounds. I decided to let him be like that because I liked it when he would give me occasional squeezes.

The rhythmic sounds of his breath oddly calmed me down before I slowly fell asleep.

When I woke up in the morning, he wasn't in the house. I guessed he went out for hunting so I prepared breakfast. He was back soon with some dead rabbits. I told him to wash and skin them to keep him busy while I got breakfast ready.

"Will you go to work today?" He asked behind me before slightly nudging the tip of his nose in my ear. After the marking, I have noticed that he has grown more possessive and needy. I wondered if it was normal for the wolves to act like that.

"Yes," I answered him as I stepped away from him but he followed me closely, always breathing down my neck. He was the extreme opposite of how Chefren had always been. He was always distant and missing whenever I needed him the most.

Ares was somehow always there. As much as I secretly liked it, it annoyed me sometimes. I wondered if I would have felt the same if I were a she-wolf.

"I will walk you to the temple. You'll wait for me to walk you back after it gets dark," He told me. I frowned at this but the fear was still inside me. I knew this was necessary so I didn't argue with him. After we were done having breakfast, we set out for the day.