59.

-HER-

I snapped my eyes open all of a sudden as my dream broke. It took me a couple of minutes to recall the dream and get in touch with reality simultaneously.

Starting with the dream, it was odd because Ares was in it. It was mostly him annoying me but somehow, we got to share a kiss and that's when the dream ended abruptly. On the other hand, the reality seemed heavy. It took me a couple of moments to realize that it was his heavy arm that was draped over my body instead.

I tried to move but ended up realizing that our legs were tangled. As I tried to move more, he stirred behind me. Instantly, he buried his face in the crook of my neck before closing his mouth around my skin and nibbling at it lightly.

I couldn't hold back my moan at this while my southern lips tingled with need. He pulled back for a moment but his hot breath blowing at the back of my neck was enough for me to shiver and get slightly aroused.

"My pharaoh," He whispered as he started to press small kisses, starting from the back of my neck and travelling to my jaw. I was left dumbstruck and flushed at his actions for the moment until it registered to my brain that the pain of the heat was gone.

"Let me go," I grumbled as I struggled to tear his muscular arm away from my waist. He didn't budge a bit as he continued to press small kisses all over me. Meanwhile, those strange sensations travelled throughout my body, proving me pleasure and threatening to strangle my reasoning ability with the same.

"Ares," I had to call out his name to gain his attention this time. He only hummed as he continued with his kisses. Although he stopped once to whisper, "What is it, my pharaoh?" His words made my heart stutter while the ability of speech seemed to have abandoned me all of a sudden.

What did he say? It made me flush even more before I was finally able to warn him, "Don't call me that," I turned around to glare at him. This only made his grin while he started to kiss my face.

"Stop it!" I told him, putting my hand over his lips. He only ended up holding my hand and kissing my fingers individually. I turned as red as my hair at this, "You're disgusting," I told him and turned my back at him but the sound of his kisses didn't stop.

This pushed me into bewilderment, only for me to turn around and find him kissing my hair. I was completely red by this point. Butterflies sprouted in my stomach and my heart raced. No man ever kissed my red hair. It was odd for him to do so.

"You dog," I grumbled at him as I collected my hair away from him and turned away but this didn't stop him from showering me with kisses.

"Well, dogs are very loyal, my pharaoh," He spoke huskily in my ear. I wanted to kill myself due to embarrassment but I resorted to hiding my face in my hair instead while his chest rumbled with a low chuckle.

"My pharaoh," He continued with his shenanigans and kisses before turning me around to face him. I didn't have the audacity left to look him in the eyes but he put a finger under my chin and lifted it up to make me look at him.

I resorted to glare at him while my cheeks burned red. His fervent eyes burned with possessiveness as he united our lips. He moved his lips very gently against mine and I found myself following his lead. The kiss was very slow and sensual but one point, I felt him give up the softness as he wrapped his arms around me tightly and deepened the kiss.

I had to pull back soon because I was out of breath. Meanwhile, he nibbled at my earlobe.

"I am hungry," I told him after a prolonged silence which was spent by him laying a hundred more kisses on my body while I remained motionless, finding a way to make myself believe that Ares was doing it in real.

"I'll get you something," He told me but before he could get up, I told him, "I'll cook,"

"Are you sure? You aren't in pain anymore, right?" He asked with concerned.

"I am alright," I mumbled as I tore my eyes away from his fervent ones and got up from the bed. He followed me too, unsurprisingly. While I tried to sort out what to make for breakfast, he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and buried his nose in my hair.

It made my heart stutter again but I maintained my calm, "Stop it, Ares," I gritted at him even though my stomach was filled with butterflies. He didn't stop it though and neither did he seem to be in the mood to stop it anytime soon. So, I figured it out that I'd need to work with him stuck behind me.

He served as a great distraction as he continued with his shenanigans. I was afraid of cutting my fingers while chopping vegetables as he nibbled my earlobe. At one point, my patience broke and I poked him on the nose with the spatula.

"Ow," He groaned as he pulled back for a moment to rub the small pain off his nose.

"Stop eating my ear. I am cooking breakfast for us," I tried to sound angry at him but my wildly racing heart made me sound as if I had just run a mile instead. He sighed at this and resorted to running his nose along my neck instead.

The trail of sparks that he left behind made it more stimulating for me but I didn't have enough patience nor self-control left to contain myself from acting upon it. Instead, I chose to turn around and stand on my toes to crush my lips against his. He responded right away with the same intensity.

Meanwhile, the breakfast waited.

...

read the next 6 chapters on inkitt.com/parttimewolf

read upto chapter 83 on patreon.com/Benita_16

thanks for reading <3