Chapter 21

Rumplestiltskin's POV

My hands remain clenched the whole way from the woods to my shop. 

Almost breaking the door as I frustratedly slam it shut, I walk over to my desk and hold it tightly glaring at my reflection in the glass.

I stare at myself for a while, angrily, sorrowfully, upset.

Before exploding with anger, I bring my fist up and forcefully throw it down into the glass. I watch the glass shatter and the small pieces fall to the wood of the cabinet or the floor around my feet.

I look at my fist, blood runs down where the smashed glass cut.

The images of the cruel, wicked man still flood my mind. They won't go, nor will his words. The Evil Queen. You deserve it. You promised your precious Belle. 

I close my eyes tightly, begging for it to all leave my mind, for them to leave me alone. Yet they won't, they stick where they are like a tattoo. Accepting the fact they won't go, I take myself over to the arm-chair in the corner. Dropping into the seat like a sack of spuds, I shut my eyes again, feeling a tear trickle down my cheek.

Belle's POV 

I stare at him, shocked momentarily. 

"So..." He breaks the silence almost desperate for an answer.

A smile cracks on my face. Rumple will be so happy to see him again.

"You're Bae, then?" I relax my body, leaning against the door frame.

His frightened, determined expression makes me realise he genuinely just wants an answer. I stand up straight, caughing through the awkwardness. "Yes." I speak. "I do know him."

"Where is he? Tell me, now!" He shouts, getting closer to me.

Every step he takes forward, I take one back.

Believing his son won't want to hurt him, I replied. "He's in his shop, the Pawn shop."

"Stop lying!" He screams. I look at him confused. "He's not there, I've checked. Now tell me, where's my father?"

I take another step back and bump into the wall. He's not in his shop, where the hell is he? He lied... again. 

"Baelfire..." I say quietly, hoping to calm him, but my plan backfired as he puts his hands on the side of my forearms and spits in my face.

"You tell me where my father is, now!"

Shocked at his reaction, I freeze almost unable to speak, making me shake in fear.

This moment was like a replay of when Rumplestiltskin had lost the plot when I kissed him in the dark castle.

"Beacause no-one, no-one can ever, ever love me!" He screamed, as his grip got tighter.

I look up at Baelfire as I come to realisation. "You're the reason he feels unloved. It was you."

He lets go of me and takes a step back. "He broke his deal with me." He says quietly. "He's a coward." He then growls.

"Who are you?" A tired voice speaks out.

"Henry, go back to sleep, it's just a friend." I answer him, hoping he'll listen to me.

He disobeys me and gets out of bed, walking over to us. "No, who is he?" He asks me, before turning to Bae and asking him the same, "who are you?"

"Get to bed, kid." He answers harshly.