Chapter 20

Rumplestiltskin's POV 

 As I continue to venture through the forest, I search around for the mysterious creature. Yet, I find nothing, nothing at all. 

After two hours of walking around the never ending forest, the sun starts to set and the skys colours slowly change through colours of pink and orange, fading into a dark blue and all the while, I search, holding my knife in my pocket. 

I sit down on a rock, giving up, when suddenly there's a crunching sound from not so far away.

"Who's there?" I shout, gritting my teeth. Stupid question in most cases, but not this time.

"You know me, Rumplestiltskin." The deep, sly voice replies, growing a little louder.

Then I realise. "It's you. What are you doing here? What do you want? Is this about the deal we made because I assure you that wasn't my fault."

"You don't have to remind me of that." He growls back to me. "I'm not here about your deal."

"Then why are you here?" I ask, turning my head to search for the man through the gloom of the forest.

Slowly, his body emerged from the darkness, walking closer to me ever so slowly. He's powerful, yes. Not as powerful as me.

"You should know." He glared at me, allowing me to see his frustration. "But you don't care about anyone but yourself do you, Dark one?"

"What are you talking about?" I ask, my voice sounding so silky in comparison to his.

"I know it was you who done it, I was told by sweet little Bae." His frown turned into a smirk as he started to hysterically laugh at the sound of my sons name.

The anger inside me rises as I jump forward and grab the bastards neck in my snake-like hands. "You shut up! Just shut the hell up! What have you done to him, what have you done to my Bae?!" I scream, spitting in his face accidentally now and then, but I don't care, he deserves it.

He starts to laugh again. "Me? What have done? Well, Dark one, you should be asking yourself what you did. It was your child who came and found me after your pathetic deal and told me everything. Lets say I was like his best friend." He says calmly, knowing I want to cry, knowing I'm on the verge of breaking down.

"You know where he is?" I ask, trying my hardest to keep the tears back, my voice slightly cracking.

As I let go of his neck, he leans in a little closer and whisper. "The. Evil. Queen." Each word was said so softly, so slowly, so painfully.

"Regina." I hiss, wanting to explode with anger. Then I frown. 

I promise. 

I promised Belle, I wouldn't kill the cow. 

I clench my fist furiously, looking down at the feeble looking man. "Is he okay? Bae?" I ask, biting my tongue.

"I don't know." He said back, almost sympathetically.

Then his face grows angry as he realises his tone. "Even if he isn't you deserve it. You deserve every last bit of pain. I'll try my hardest to do that as well."

I watch his eyes as they almost set alight with anger. Just wondering what the hell he's talking about, but as I think, another thing comes to me. 

"It was you!" I scream, jumping on top of him. "You tried to kill Belle!" 

He starts to laugh again. "Oh did I now?"

"Don't play games with me. I know it was you, I know you." I reply, glaring back to him.

"It was more of a threat than an attempt of murder." He reassures me, nodding his head.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just kill you now." I growl loudly, gritting my teeth so hard they might as well break.

"Well," he starts as though he's got a hundred on his list. Then he leans in so our faces are almost touching. "You promised your sweet Belle that you could be together, right? Which means, no killing." He whispers, the warm steam rises through the frosty night, warming my face for a moment.

I stand up and kick him roughly in the stomach. Knowing he's right, I stay silent, just walking off into the gloominess of the forest again, crunching through the crispy leaves and twigs. Getting as far away from him as possible.

Belle's POV

"Goodnight, Henry." I whisper to the young boy, snoring to my side. I stand up and walk over to the kitchen, where I turned the light on and placed the book down on a table.

I sit down, continuing to read. I haven't read in years, this is my opportunity to finally read again.

As I flick through the pages, I almost cry, seeing the way Rumplestiltskin lost his son. The way Regina lost the stable boy. I didn't know this when I lived there, it's really unbelievable how much is unrevealed.

Rumplestiltskin... He broke a deal... With his own son! Wow. Never ever did I think I'd read that. No wonder he's so eager to find his son.

I strok the picture sympathetically, turning the page and reading on. Then there's another picture. Of me, Gaston and my father. Papa. I haven't seen him in years. Maybe he's here, what if he's been searching for me?

I read more, strangely reading about myself and Rumple, it's so strange, but there's somethings I didn't know. '...and with the click of his fingers. Poof. Sir Gaston was gone, and all that remained of him, was a flower. A rose.' My gob hangs open for a while as I realise the flower I'd once cut was actually my Fiance. I don't honestly know how to react, whether to find it funny or bad. I don't know.

'Rumplestiltskin placed the cup down so carefully, that it sat perfectly in the middle of the stand. Staring down at it, his eyes started to fill up with tears and as they fell he sobbed. Mourning over Belle, his love.' The more I read on, the more I cry, letting my tears drop down to the pages. He was so guilty after I left, just like I said he would be, but never did I think he'd sob over me. All the tears drop down like a waterfall as I close the book, unable to read more.

Then there's a knock at the door. Confused, I wipe my eyes quickly and unlock the door, being careful not to wake up Henry.

A young man stands there; tall, scruffy-styled dark brown hair, big brown eyes. He looks a little scared, yet a little more annoyed.

"I heard you... erm... know my father?" He asks, standing there awkwardly, keeping quiet as he notices Henry laid on the bed behind me.

"And you who's that?" I ask, still very confused.

"Is he yours? The child?" He questions as though I hadn't said anything at all.

Although he was rude, I answer him anyway. "No, he's not, I'm looking after him for a... for some friends." I smile at the thought of them being my friends. "Anyway. I may know your father if you tell me who he is?"

It takes him some time, but he finally speaks. "You do know him, I know you do."

The frustration in me grows as I end up shouting. "Who's your father?"

The man stands there, momentarily shocked, but then answers my question quietly and softly.

"Rumplestiltskin."

A/N: So hoped you guys liked it! Finally got the POVs caught up with each other again:'D! Would love to know your thoughts up to now, you enjoying it? - Hope you areee! My main priority:)! So yeah, would love your feed back, thankyou a bunch for reading, much lovee!:D