Chapter 4

A/N: Okay, last one, I swear! Dedicated to an AMAZING wattpad writer, love her stuff. Her Once upon a Time story is actually one of the best stories I've read on Wattpad, it has so many chapters, but you just can't stop reading itttt. - Anywho, check that out!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Belle's POV

My eyes peel open and light floods the room. As my eyes adjust to the brightness surrounding me, I look around, barely understanding where I am. Then, looking down, I remember where I am. I grab the top beside me and smile.

"I fell asleep... thinking of you." I whisper to myself as though he's there. "Like I always do." A smile grows on my face as I leap up. I don't know how long I've been asleep, it must have been a couple of hours. 

I then turn around and out of habit, make his bed. I used to do this when I was his "care-taker".

When I've finished tidying his room, which was actually a bit messy, I walk over to his closet to put the shirt back, but as I do, I stop in track as my mind clicks on. I look down at my old, raggy hospital clothes and then back to the wardrobe.

I walk out of the room and down the stairs, going to the hallway in which he showed me first. There's a lovely mirror in there, it's really big and the patterns used to decorate it are immaculate. 'Rumplestiltskin has style!' I laugh to myself at the thought.

As I get to the mirror, my reflection's definitely not as I remembered, my hair's a mess all cottery and mangled up. My dress is grey and not very big or wide and my skin seems dirty, a bit thinner too. Ignoring the fact I was a mess, I put the top on over my rags and drowned in his top. It was far too big for me, but it was just right other wise.

I put my messy locks down my left shoulder and wipe my eyes. Although I'm not so clean or stylish right now, my mind tells me I'm ready and disobediently I leave the house, making my way to the shop I found him in this morning.

The bell rings as I push the door open and a silhouette makes its way into the main room.

"I know you told me to stay at home, but..." I start, pausing a moment to see if he'd react badly, but when I see him smile, it makes my face change shape, my mouth rises and I start to blush more words begin to come from my mouth. "But it'd been too long, I've only just got you back." 

Then, without a word, he walks over to me and pulls me in, hugging me softly, and I hug him back.

"It's okay, Belle, but I did tell you to stay at home." He said, pulling away from me. My eyes fill with tears a little. 'I know, I'm sorry' I think to myself. 'I knew I shouldn't have left.' After looking to the floor to hide the fact I'm nearly crying, he lifts my head up, pushing my chin so my eyes are level to his.

Smiling, he says sweetly "It's okay," he looks down at his top I'm wearing and smirks. "I need to give you something anyway." I start smiling again, knowing he's not angry, I'd hate to have an argument straight away, it'd kill me. He then grabs my hand and pulls me into the back room, where he then seats me at a desk and passes me a box.

"Choose something, I'll be waiting in there." He gestures towards the curtains that lead to the main room.

"Right," I say, looking from him to the box placed in front of me. "Th-thankyou." I add, as he starts to make his way out. 

He then pauses, takes a sigh and answers. "You're welcome." Then leaves me in the room with this box of clothes.

I put my hand inside and grab out the first piece of clothing, it's a greeny-grey sort of colour, a bit like Rumples skin. Well... his old skin. The dress goes down to the knee's and has a small flower near the top. "Mmm" I mumble to myself, suggesting I don't really like it.

As I put It down, I reach into the box again to get another dress. I do this several times, erm-ing and ar-ing about whether I like them, so are nice, but I don't feel like wearing them. I nearly give into one of the dresses I'd 'maybe-d' when I  pull out a long purple-like red dress, it doesn't poof out like my old ones used to, but it's very long indeed and I like it!

There's a nice bow around the middle and the rest of it creases perfectly. As I put it on I realise it fits perfectly. A bit like Cinderella's glass slipper. The one's Rumple gave her... I was brought out of my daze eventually and I threw my horrible rags in the bin. I want them gone, out of my life, they were horrible, they brought me no good memories at all. 

I walk away from the bin and put all the clothes back into the box before making my way towards the curtains, I take in a deep breath, worrying whether or not I'll impress him, but I push open the curtains and make my way in anyway.

"Belle..." He says calmly as though nothing had changed. He looks me up and down and a smirk rises on his face. I grab the dress and turn all the way around, allowing him to see the dress whole.  

"Well?" I say after the long silence, hinting for a compliment. I didn't need it, but I wanted to hear it, just to see what he thinks.

He opens his mouth, trying to find the words, and it takes him some time, but eventually the words spill out. "You look like a beauty." He smiles, proud of his pun, supposing we're 'Beauty and the Beast'. 

"You're not a beast, Rumplestiltskin. I've told you this." I say, sighing and playfully glaring at him.

"No, you said I wasn't a monster." He states, arguing back.

I walk over to him and sit on the desk in front of him, this time, I'm taller than him, I feel as though I have authority over him. I place my hands on his shoulders and stare into his milky-brown eyes. They haven't changed a bit, other than the size.

"Either way, you're not a beast nor a monster! You're you and that's all that counts, right?" I smile, feeling as though I've acheived something.

He sniggers quietly, shaking his head slightly, smiling his Rumple smile. Then he reaches hand out and places it in my hair, stroking it lovingly. We're both smiling now. "Right." He says faintly, taking time to reply to my question. Still stroking my hair, he gets closer, almost face-to-face and whispers to me, like he did the time I came back. "I thought you were dead Belle. I thought you were gone forever..."

I sort of frown for a second, pulling my eyes away from his. I don't know what to say, I don't even know what to think. He plays around with my hair for a while, allowing me time to think, my eyes then wander around his face, memorising every last detail. He's the same old Rumple, like I'm the same old Belle. Then I smile, locking my eyes on his again. 

"I'm not dead, and I'm back," I say, before planting my lips on his. The delicate movement between us is angelic, so sweet I don't want to leave go of it, but everything good comes to an end, causing him to pull away. "Forever." I end my sentence, a warm feeling running through me.

I'm back forever, I promise. I love you, Rumplestiltskin.