The story up to now...

(This is for the people who haven't seen Once upon a time's episodes Skin Deep and A Land Without Magic)

Once upon a time... 
as all fairy tales start, there was a beautiful princess. Her name? Belle. Unfortunately, this fairy tale doesn't start out so "happy". Outside of her protected castle, there was a great war going on, in which many of the villagers of her small town were taking part in. It was known as the Ogres War.

In order to stop the war, her father - the king - had made a deal with a certain someone, Rumplestiltskin. The king had promised all the gold he could possibly find for the war to end and so they all waiting in worry for the mysterious creature to come with his part of the deal.

Time grew short and the King recieved a message, informing him that they had more-or-less lost the battle. Giving up on all hope, his brave, young daughter tried enlighting the mood, explaining that he would be along very soon.

And with all luck, she was right. A knock at the door and a bit of magic, the creature, Rumplestiltskin, was there, ready to make the deal. Though he didn't want gold, as he stated 'I make gold' and asked for something more 'precious'. Belle. 

Her bravery and heroic dreams lead her to agreeing and striking the deal. Ending the Ogres war, but going to live with Rumplestiltskin forever.

As time progressed, the two grew more fond of eachother by the day. From nothing, to friends, to close friends, then to lovers. The beauty was then allowed by her beast to leave the palace, to run, to go home. But something, someone, changed her mind and she returned to the beasts castle.

Belle had been told by a certain Evil queen that 'true loves kiss can break any curse'. Knowing Rumplestiltskin was under the curse of being the Dark one, she thought it would be a great help in breaking that curse and with that, they kissed.

Eventually, Rumplestiltskin realised that she was trying to break his curse, giving him missignals, allowing him to think she, Belle, was working for the Evil Queen. You see, The Queen and Rumple have always tried to be more powerful than one another, ever since Rumple had took Zoso's powers. He loved being the most powerful in the land and he knew that Regina - the evil queen - would go to all costs to take that away from him.

Rumple shot Belle out, claiming that he didn't want her anymore, well, that was a lie. His heart ached and ached for the beauty to return, but with each passing day, he lost more and more hope, till finally the day The Evil Queen turned up to his castle and explained how she'd "died". - She hadn't, of course. It was all a big lie. Regina had just taken her and held her hostage. Most likely to get Rumple to get rid of himself. (Her plan did not work.. Sort of). Rumple did honestly believe that she was dead, Belle, his love, his beauty, dead.

Then the day came when Regina used the dark curse and put the whole of the enchanted forest under the curse of forgetting who they were. Except from Rumplestiltskin. He remembered. He rememebered everything.

He knew that Emma Swan was the child of Snow and Charming, and that she'd be the one to save them all, luckily her son, Henry, believed greatly in the curse. Putting his life at risk by eating a poisened apple turn-over cooked by Regina to kill Emma, he died in hospital, just to make Emma believe. Determained to save her son, Miss Swan grabbed the book, Henry's book, the book about the Enchanted forest and the fairy-tales. And her life flashed before her eyes. She believed.

Kissing her loved one, Henry, on the head to wake him up from the curse of the poiseness apple (In which Charming done to Snow when she was poisened all those years ago by the same apple), she broke the dark curse. Causing all the residents of Storybrooke remember their true selves.

Which brings us to now...