Chapter 28

Belle's POV

Running back to the hospital, I check Emma's room quickly and to my luck- he's fine. Rumple is okay. I sigh loudly, though it's more of a pant from sprinting back.

"Are you alright, where did you go?" Rumple asks, letting go of his boy and coming over to me.

"Yes, yes. I'm fine, I just had a walk that's all." I smile to him, hiding my fright. I'm scared, I really am, she's the most powerful person here, she could easily kill him and my baby. My baby. Those words- they're so strange, I'm not used to the fact I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant. It just gets weirder, couple of days ago I was a virgin, now I'm probably almost due. Jesus, why can't we be a normal family, with a normal life in a normal town in the normal world. Hmf.

"Walk?" Bae laughed, "looks like you ran to the Enchanted Forest and back." Both Rumple and Bae snicker to eachother, but I just roll my eyes and walk over to Emma's bed.

"Why did no-one stop her?" Charming asks aggressively.

I turn to him and place my hand on his arm. "We tried, we really did, but she's just too powerful." I can't help but stare at the blood-covered sheets. "Did the doctors take the body?" I then ask, trying to change the subject.

A wimping Snow starts to nod, but David doesn't give in. "Did you really try and stop her? You're lying, Emma's the sorce of magic, why did she die?!" He shouts, overwhelmingly. 

"We tried!" I shout back, a tear streaming down my cheek. "We tried." I repeat, much calmer.

"Not hard enough." He growls quietly, before turning and leaving.

"David!" Snow shouts to him, but he completely ignores her plead and exits.

I walk over and pull her in for a hug. "I'm sorry we didn't save her." I whisper.

Her head shakes on my shoulder, before she screams "No! He was wrong. I know you will have tried, Belle. You're a brave, strong woman - I've read Henry's book - that's why we went to you when with Henry." She admits, pulling her face from me. "For twenty-eight years I waited to find my baby. Twenty-eight years. And now she's gone, and there's nothing I can do about it." She sobs, wiping her water-filled face dry.

"I don't even know how you must feel, but I think you need to try take your focus from Emma to Henry. You can't do anything to make Emma come back, but atleast look after her son, that's what she'll want." I smile, rubbing her arm gently.

She nods again, turning to take Henry. Once he grabs her hand they walk out, not speaking a word, just drying their tears and keeping eachother company.

I sigh and turn back to Rumple, who sit chatting with his son. This time a lot more serious.

I walk over and cock my head a little. "What's going on here?"

Rumplestiltskin's POV

Belle rolls her eyes and walks over to Snow, David and Henry.

"Pa," Bae speaks. "Regina's the most powerful now isn't she?" He asks, not showing any signs of being worried.

"She is." I admit, before adding. "but not for long."

"How? How are you supposed to gain more power than her now. She's clearly adapted to the different magic, but you haven't. Plus, she's got a 'sidekick'." He questions me.

"Exactly, my boy!" I express loudly to him. "She's adapted to this new magic, yes? So she'll have to adapt to the old one again, whereas, I won't, I'll be fine and once again most powerful." I grin, saying the words most powerful. They make me feel more like me.

He squints his eyes as if to say 'wait a minute'. "You mean.." he starts, before I quickly interrupt him.

"Yes! We're going back to our world, son."

A/N: Just a short chapter, I know, I'm sorry. I just wanted to put this small extract in as I personally think it's kinda important to the story, I just didn't have a lot to write about it really...

Anyways! Thanks for reading and putting up with its shortness- haha, I love reading your comments, whether they're "I love this" or "I knew this!" I just really really enjoy reading your feedback so tell me anything:D? Are you enjoying it? What do you think's going to happen next? Good or Evil? Excited for the Rumbaby?  Well, thanks for reading, I'll update soon:D