Chapter 26

Rumplestitskin's POV

Walking into the hospital, Henry keeps quiet, as does Belle and I. We walk over to the counter and Belle speaks to the nurse behind the desk about how she thinks she's pregnant.

Henry and I watch as she's whisked away into a small hospital room with a doctor.

"Can I see my mum now?" Henry speaks, almost emotionless. For a kid, he can hide his feelings very well, for even I know he wants to cry but he shows no weakness in his voice. None at all.

"Yes, sure. Come on, then." I reply, slightly more joyfully than he.

We walk over to the ER section of the hospital and push through Emma's door. The room lay silent as the two of us walk in to see the golden haired saviour sleep almost lifelessly. It pains me to see her in that bed other than Regina. I would love to see Regina there, dying slowly - or even better - six feet under. Yet instead lay an innocent woman who risked her life countless times to help others.

Life's harsh.

Henry runs over to the bed squeezes Emma's hand tightly. I walk closer, but not too close. He needs his time with her.

I watch as he finally shows emotion and spills tears onto his mothers hand. He starts to sob quietly, pressing his face into the covers warming the practically dying body of his birth mother. A sudden jerking feeling hits my insides. If I had to watch Belle or Bae suffer like this, I would honestly want to kill myself. What an awful position to be put in, but at Henry's age... it must be the hardest thing ever.

"I'm sorry." Henry whispered into the bed.

"Hey, hey." I say quietly, placing a hand on Henry's shoulder. "This is not your fault. Don't blame yourself." I smile to the small, sobbing boy.

Not being able to reply he shakes his head and turns to watch the still body lay, her stomach lifting very slightly as she breathes the oxygen.

 "It's my fault." I admit quietly, swallowing hard. Putting my head down in shame as Henry looks back to me with his large soaked eyes.

 Not a word was spoken as he turns his head back to his mother and sniffs loudly, wiping his eyes till they were just damp.

I hear the door open a little, but I don't want to know who it is, in fact, I lift my head up to watch Henry rather than check who came in. A hand slides into mine, taking grasp of it before a delicate whisper.

"You were right, I am." She spoke surprisingly happy. A wave of joy runs through me as I realise we're getting somewhere, it's happening. I'm having another child. I have my son back, I have Belle back. Just to get rid of that witch.

"I love you, Belle." I admit, pulling her closer and rubbing her belly, where my son or daughter will be sleeping. The moment feels perfect, I want everything to freeze, time to stop. It doesn't of course,

Belle releases her hand from mine and walks over to Henry, who starts sobbing again. She embraces him and he wraps his arms around her, Belle kneeling down to meet Henry's level. A smile crawls on my face. She's going to be a perfect mother. 

"Shh," she whispers, stroking the back of his hair. "It's okay, Henry. She's recovering."

Henry's tears rolled down his cheek and down Belle's back. "It's all my fault, Belle. If I hadn't of went, Mr Gold would have been able to save her." He sobbed, his words not being completely clear, but clear enough for us to understand.

Belle ripped Henry off her and cupped his small face. "Henry. It is not your fault. Not at all. Something ran across the road, right? That wasn't you. Emma would be happy to know that you're fine, think about how she'd feel if you were the one who wasn't saved. Either way, it's not your fault." The small boy nodded, placing his head on Belle's shoulder to let out more tears. She stayed there, allowing him to soak her clothes, stroking his head sweetly. I continue to smile at such a beautiful sight.