Chapter 9

Belle's POV

As I open my eyes, I sit up, yawning. Then I realise I'm not on the street anymore. "What.." I mutter to myself, looking around. I'm in Rumplestiltskin's room?

I lay back, too tired to get up, as I turn my head I see a figure, a person. "Rumplestiltskin?" I whisper, realising he was in the bed with me. I look at him confused as he lays there, looking away from me. Then a smile plants on my face. He's still here with me, that's all that matters.

I put my arm around him and close my eyes again, feeling a warmth inside me that keeps coming to me whenever I'm around him. 

"Good morning, sweetheart" he then whispers, making me loose me breath as I jump from the shock, he's awake? I open my eyes and look at him, he's not turned the other way anymore, but I didn't feel him move.

"Rumplestiltskin..." I stutter, staring at his green skin. Last time I'd seen him, he was a man, a human, but now he's the Dark One again. "Why? Why did you become like this again?" I ask, in a wingey tone.

"I told you, Belle. I needed my power back. Now Regina can't hurt neither of us and I am once again the most powerful." He says back with a smirk.

I look into his giant brown eyes, the ones I fell for all those years ago, making me a little calmer. "Please," I say softly, almost sorrowly, "please don't let magic get in the way of anything." I add, frowning a little.

"I won't, I won't," he replies as fast as possible, before grabbing my hand and tugging me. "Come on," he whispered, getting out of bed and pulling me up onto my feet. "Lets get you some breakfast. He takes my hand and kisses it, then turns and walks out the room, gesturing for me to follow.

I stand there for a minute smiling, before making my way out of our room and down the stairs.

Rumplestiltskin's POV

As I spring into the kitchen, I turn to the door and watch Belle walk in looking around. 

"I'll get you some cereal." I say kindly, smiling. She stares at me confused. Since she's been locked up for twenty-eight years, she hasn't learnt much about this world, so she won't understand what most of the modern things are yet. "It's food, you eat it in the morning." I tell her, pouring the branflakes into the bowl.

As I walk over to the fridge to get the milk she starts talking. "How did you get your power back?" Her voice sweet yet confused. 

"I went to Emma for help." I say, trying not to tell her much. I take the lid off the milk and pour it into the bowl, before putting the lid back on and putting in the fridge again. I pick up the bowl and grab a spoon, giving it to Belle.

We sit down at the table and she gets the cereal on the spoon, lifting it up and inspecting it.

I start to snicker "It's okay, Belle. Just eat it."

She looks at me, then back to the spoon before putting it in her mouth. "Mmm" she says after a little while and eating more. I watch her for a bit, knowing I have nothing to say. 

She puts her spoon down half way and stares at me, emotionless. I get confused, what have I done, now?

"Who's Emma? I heard you get close to her..." She says a little angry but also a bit hurt.

I give her a look as if to say 'you're stupid' but she just carries on staring me out. "Belle, Emma's the savior, I wasn't getting close to her, where the hell did you hear that?" I start confused and end off shouting frustratedly. I wouldn't do that!

"Well I got told you got unusually close to her, Rumple. I didn't know where you went and then I heard that, you can't say that's hard to believe." She then says, not answering my question. I get annoyed, pretty full of anger. If I were still human my face would be red.

"Belle!" I shout banging on the table. "I did not get close to Emma, at all! When I went, it was to get my power back and if you trusted me, maybe it would be hard to believe!" I exclaim holding back my tears and screaming on certain words. The tears are slightly from anger, the fact she's not answering my question, but also sadness, the fact she believes I'd do that to her. "Now tell me, who told you that?"

She's still staring at me, except now her eyes are wide open and there's shock and worry to her face. She then looks down, swalling loudly and looks back up at me. "Regina."

"Regina?" I scream louder than anything I've heard before, I've burst a vain, I think I am red."You believed Regina over having trust in me?" I continue loudly, before saying a little more softer; "Belle, I have lasted over twenty-eight years not loving someone because all that mattered to me were you and my son. You think that Emma could get in the way of that?" I lie a little, knowing that power and magic were also very important in my life. I stand up and walk out the door, not allowing her to say anything else, but to think about what she'd done, what she'd believed.

I start walking down the road, straight towards the Queen's house.

Belle's POV

The front door slams shut and I'm left alone, eyes wide open, tears slowly running down my cheeks. I'm so stupid. I can't let him go, what if he does something stupid? He's in a bad mood, God knows what he could do. I leap off the seat and run out the door, not bothering to put any shoes on and look around. I see his silhouette in the distance, he seems to be walking faster now he's got his power back and with no stick again.

I start to follow him, picking up the paste as I start to run. I start sprinting untill I get to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Still panting, I turn him around. "I'm sorry, Rumple. I should have believed in you, I should have trusted you... but I didn't and that was stupid of me. I'm sorry." I finish, then bending down to get my breath back.

"Hm." He says bluntly before turning away to walk again. I stand up straight and start following him.

"Where are we going?" I ask, curiously.

"We?" He hisses. "Where am going, you mean?" He adds, not bothering to slow down or look at me.

I stop where I am and watch him, confused, hurt. "What do you mean by that?" I ask, almost shouting as he gets further away. But he ignores me and continues walking.