Chapter 12

Rumplestiltskin's POV

"Go." I growl, pointing towards the door. The emotion overwhelms me so much that I have to turn to not face her. 

"Go?" she questions, before standing up and walking past me. Silence then fills the room as she stops at the door, then turns back.

The awful memories of my stupidity hurt me as she slams the door shut and walks off again. I'm no good at this - love. I always hurt somebody, usually myself. I let others down. My wife ran off with a Pirate and I killed her... I made a deal with my son and went against it, losing him... Now I keep arguing with Belle and soon enough she really won't be coming back.

I walk over to the door, where she had accidentally broke the bell. I kneel down to pick it up and walk into the back room, where I put the bell down on my desk. I hop up next to the bell and pick up the cup. Bringing it up to my face, gently pecking it, knowing it's yet again the only remains of her. She doesn't want me anymore. 

Maybe I should just give up, maybe this is showing how it's not meant to be. I mean, I am a beast. Beasts don't have happy endings, right?

I grasp the cup in my monstrous hands and feel all my emotions slip out. My cruel tears drop inside the cup yet again, meeting with Belle's angered tears. I smile down at it for a while, before glaring into it, I want to throw it like I did with all the rest of the teacups, I want it to smash into little pieces. This cup resembles Belle and if Belle doesn't want me, why on Earth should I want her.

My grip on the cup tightens, hoping to smash it, but there's no change. I raise my arm above my head keeping it stuck to my hand. I aim towards a wall and get ready to release it. When quickly, before I have the chance to fling the cup, a loud crashing noise corrupts my ears.

Suddenly, a figure runs in. "Gold!" Their panting voice shouts, echoing my ears. I walk out of the room, pushing through the curtains. When I see blonde hair, my hopes fade a little, it's not who I wanted it to be. 

"What?" I manage to growl, not allowing any more tears to fall, but bearing my teeth to show she's not wanted. "What do you want, Miss Swan?"

"Rumplestiltskin, I don't appreciate my daughter being spoke to in that manor!" Snow decides to butt-in. Emma puts her arm out, gesturing to her mother to shut up. 

Emma walked upto me, then glared through me, just like Belle, except this was different. For Emma, I felt nothing, there was no change to my emotions, to my anger. Whereas Belle.. well, that's just a different story. Emma pulls some paper from her pocket and passes it to me. "You left your picture. Right now, I'm guessing, is not a good time to start this search for your son?" She says, making it sound like a question. I take the picture and stare down at it. Within seconds, I start to smile. Snow looks shocked to see a smile on my face, but Emma was expecting it.

"No, I think we should start now." I say, giving her back the paper. I don't want to keep annoying myself about Belle. She's gone now, I'm not getting her back. So lets get on with what I created this whole curse for. Finding my son.

"Are you sure about this, I mean, this is a hard thing to do. Especially after a brea-" I interrupt her before she says anymore, I don't want to think of anything else but Bae at the moment.

"Yes, I'm sure. Just as long as you don't call me Gold." I say jokingly, walking towards the door and opening it, then gesturing my arm out the door, signaling for them to walk out. "May we?"

Belle's POV

 I push open the door and calmly walk in, my anger has cooled now. Trying not to think of it. As I walk in, I sit down at a table near the window, staring outside at the dark blue sky above, it's getting late.

"Hello again, Belle!" A joyous voice disrupts my daze. I turn around to see Ruby... Red standing with a pen in one hand and a notepad in the other.

"I'll have a hot cocoa, please. It was really nice last time." I smile to her, she nods and walks over to the counter. The smile stays on my face as I come to think, I have made a couple of friends already. Red, "Charming", Snow... Emma. Emma's no friend. I start snarling, the thought of her and my - Her and Rumple. It annoys me so much. I shouldn't be so shocked, really. Twenty-eight years of thinking I'm dead, no wonder he's moved on. But then why does he act like he loves me? I growl a little too, clenching my fist. This isn't like me. This isn't like me at all. I unclench my fists and let out a sigh.

"Hey! I don't think you know me, but I know you." A voice says, pretty fast. It's different, not like all the others, but young. "Well, I don't know you, but I know you're Belle and you know Rumplestiltskin, don't you?" He continues speaking with speed. Then, without another word, he dives onto the seat in front of me. "My name's Henry." He smiles, putting his arm across the table.

I giggle a little, not taking in everything he said. I grab his hand and shake it momentarily. Red comes over to the table and gives me my hot cocoa and Henry another drink with a straw in it. "Thank you" we both say in unison, before Red walks off.

"So?" He questions, slurping his drink up through the twisted straw.

"So..." I repeat. "Why did you come here, again?" I ask, not remembering what he'd blabbed on about before he'd introduced himself.

"You're Belle, right?" He asks, curiously. He gives me a look as if to say well you better be, I don't want to look like a nutter.

I nod, then chuckle a little. "Yes, yes I am." I answer, taking a sip of the hot drink. The warmth fills my cold body with glee, already I feel much better.

"Then you know, Rumplestiltskin. Don't you?" He then continues, curiosity still overpowering his sweet voice. The  the warmth drains from me and my glee is shattered. I genuinely can't get away from it. From him. 

I slam my hands down on the table and grit my teeth, trying not to express my anger to such a young person. "No, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh come on!" He pleads, wanting to know more. He then reaches down under the table to his bag and pulls out a book. Oh, how I love books. He then flings it on the table, opens it up and lands on a specific page. The picture's so familiar. I take a good look at it and read some of it. My eyes shoot open as I recognise the picture. It's me and Rumple.

Still trying to keep my rage inside, I take a deep breath and stand up. "I think we're done here, Henry." I then say, quietly, taking my cup of cocoa to the counter.

He picks up his bag and book, then follows me, starting to whine "Oh come on!" He repeats.

"Don't you have to be getting home, it's dark?" I reply as calmly as possible. As I walk out, I don't hear the door close. He's following me, now. 

"Are you still angry with him?" He then asks sympathetically. I stop in my tracks and proses his words, is he refurring to the book or the argument we had a couple hours ago? Surely he wouldn't know about that? From my reaction, he decides to continue. "Are you still mad at him telling you to go, to leave? For him not believing you?"

I turn my head a little, to look at Henry, but I then realise I have no answer to that. I'm not really mad at him for that, am I? Getting frustrated, I start to walk again. This kid's too smart for his own good.

"Belle!" He shouts to me, before I hear running footsteps getting louder and louder. He grabs my dress and tugs on it a little. "He regretted it, Belle. A lot. You can't stay mad at him for too long. He loves you, he didn't really want you to leave. He believed something he shouldn't have and he regretted it. I'm just a kid, but even I can see he loves you."

I continue walking and not replying. I'm speachless, there's nothing for me to say, maybe he's right.

"Hold on, if you're not talking to Gold... Rumplestiltskin... then where are you going?" Then I finally stop, like he wants me to. Clever. 

"I - I really don't know." I admit stupidly, my cheeks flush as I'm outwitted by a what? 10 year old? He tugs on my dress again, causing me to move backwards.

"Come on," he laughs. "Lets get you back to Grannys."