Chapter 3

A/N: Again, dedicated to another awesome wattpader, in which has completed an AMAZING Rumbelle story and is writing a second one. Seriously, you need to check'm out!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The front door closes and I walk into his room, the room he'd previously offered me. As I walk in, I realise how big it is, much larger than my cell that Regina chucked me in. There's a double bed in one corner, and a wardrobe adjacent to it. The rest of the room was just black carpet and a couple of decorations here and there.

My eyes fill with delight at the sight of such a lovely room. I haven't seen so much warmth and cosiness in such a long time. 

I close the door behind me and lay on his bed, letting out a great big sigh of relief. Unable to stop smiling, I stare up at the strangely patterned ceiling above me. I get lost in a daze as I stare up, not thinking of anything, well, other than Rumple. The thought of him makes me smile as I remember all the good times we had before, like the time I pulled the curtains down and he caught me... the time he gave me the rose and we sat at the table talking for almost hours.

Then the thought of our first kiss brings me back and I sit up. The wardrobe isn't far from reach I mischievously think to myself, getting up on my feet and grabbing the handle. When I open it, a couple of tops fall out. 

"Typical you" I whisper to myself. "So clumsy." I lean down to the floor and grab the clothes that had dropped, but then stop in my track. The cup. I remember the time I dropped the teacup, that was my first day at the castle... Twenty-eight years ago. It's almost like deja vu.

Holding onto the clothes, I get back up and hang them on the rail, but leave one in my hand. After tidying my mess, I close the cupboard and take the top I kept to the bed and lay down on my stomach. I inhale the scent from the shirt and think of him, it smells the same as it did all those years ago. As I lay, smelling the top, I smile, just being able to smell it all over again. I love it.

I close my eyes just to continue the smelling it untill I'm finally used to the smell again and I drift off slowly, smiling.

Rumplestiltskin's POV

I head out the door and look around. The place is empty. Starting to walk, I warmly smile to myself. I've got her back, my Belle. Then the smile turns into more of a frown when I realise I told her to stay inside, I want her with me, at my side. I let out a sigh and hobble on, trying not to think about her. 

Eventually, after some trecking through the deserted streets of Story Brooke, I reach my shop. 'Mr Gold, I won't be needing that any longer' I laugh to myself with my sneaky little chuckle. As I walk in, the atmoshphere feels different... As though I know I shouldn't be here. I belong in a cell in another land. The thought makes me frown, but I walk on, into the other room.

I walk around the room, searching for any magic. Had the potion worked? It was meant to bring magic back... but the magic here is truely different. 

As I continuously circle my territory, I remember the box of clothing I brought with me along with all the other things in my shop. I break my track and turn towards the cabnets, as I kneel down, my crippled leg gets shooting pains from the pressure I've put on it. "Argh!" I hiss quietly to myself, shocked by the sudden ache. I grab the box as fast as I can, wanting to get up quickly. I stand up and immediately pressurise the other leg, releaving myself from the previous pain.

Hobbling over to my work desk, I place the box down and remove the lid. A smell soon enters my nose, reminding me of years ago, before I'd met Belle. When I had my son. Baelfire.

I remove the child clothes and neatly lay them beside me, then I look back inside the box and the sweet smell soon sends my eyes watering, the precious memories flooding my mind. When I was just an ordinary man, with an ordinary family living an ordinary life. Still staring down, a tear drops onto the remaining clothes inside, these weren't for a child, these were for a woman. The woman I once loved and now, they shall be given to the woman I love now, my sweet Belle.

Wiping my eyes, I start to smile. Although I miss my old life, I have a new one with Belle, I love her and she loves me too. For twenty-eight years I've waited to have her back, she's waited for my apology, we've waited so long. Now we're happy. Well, I hope she's happy.

Hours soon pass and I've been doing my job, waiting for people to arrive, but there's no hope. But then my head shoots up as I hear the door's bell ring. A customer! I walk out of the small room and into the entrance.

"I know, you told me to stay at home, but..." Her angelic voice fills my ears and I know who it is withing the second she spoke. I told her to stay at home. She called it home. "But it'd been too long, I've only just got you back." She continues, blushing from the corny things she'd just said.

Automatically, I smile. There's nothing more I'd want to hear right now. She smiles to me too, and my world is lit up. The room is heaven and the distance between us is a burning memory.

I walk over to her and put my arms around her waist and rest my head on her shoulder. I feel her arms wrap around my body and her head lean on me. This is perfect, but there's always something wrong. Always. "It's okay Belle," I start, slight hurt in my voice. "But I did tell you to stay at home."

I pull away and look at her, she puts her head down and without a doubt she's frowning. I put my hand under her chin and lift her head. "It's okay, I need to give you something anyway." And with that, the smile returns.