Chapter 27

Belle's POV 

I watch in shock, in horror. My mouth wide open, my eyes hardly staying open. The impact of Regina's throw was pretty hard - but not hard enough to knock us all unconcious.

A sudden flash of white flies through-out for several seconds. I can't see a thing, it's far too bright - too... powerful?

Once it fades, the room returns as it was. 

Nothing happened? 

I pull myself up and run to Rumple, who stands oblivious of everything, though a strong pain stops me from talking, rather it makes me wince. I squeeze my stomach tight to ease the pain. However, to my shock, it was different.

"Magic." Rumple repeats himself.

Confused, again, I look up to him, to find his eyes staring straight down to my belly - which has grown too quickly. A small bump is shaped over what was such a flat stomach. I won't be getting into my dresses anytime soon. 

A loud cry is then sounded as Henry runs over to Emma's lifeless body. "No!" He screams, with what little voice he has left.

"No..." the word is then repeated, but in a quiet, devastated manor this time. I turn to find David and Snow. Snow grabs his arm tightly with one hand and covers her gob-smacked face with the other, whilst David stares at his daughter with such dread. 

The atmosphere is shattered - no one can speak properly. No one can think straight. No one can believe what's happened.  

Emma has died.

Our saviour, the one person who meant so much to everyone. She's gone.

"Rumple.." I whisper, turning my head back. "Rumple?" He continues to stare - gormless.

I slap him lightly on the cheek and his pupils shrink a little. He turns his head and looks to me.

"Are you alright?" He asks, sounding genuinely concerned.

I smile at his caring reaction. "I'm fine," I smile, placing a hand on his rough cheek. "Are you okay? Why do you keep repeating the word 'magic'? Is that what the light was?"

He nods, but another voice answers. 

"Yes, that was magic, it's affected us all. My papa will have most his magic back and your baby has grown almost fully."

Rumple's eyes widen like I've never seen before, tears roll down so quickly. What is going on?! I turn to find Bae... Young Bae. The magic.. it's changed him back to the way he was happy- back to a child.

Shock, confusion and horror mixes through my mind. Everything that's happened, it's all too much. All at once. My head hurts. 

"Oh, Bae.." Rumple speaks so delicately to his son. He opens out his arms and awaits a confirmation from Bae.

"Papa!" He replies, crying himself, jumping into Rumple's arms and holding him tightly. 

I can do nothing but watch. Watch and remember...

Tidying up, it's all I ever seemed to do. For someone who had lived alone for so long, he makes such a mess. 

I walked up the staircase and into his room, where he should have slept. Should. Instead he used it for magic, creating potions and whatever else he did. I didn't ever really get told what he was doing, he used to just do it. He wasn't very talkative most of the times either, so when he did speak I had to make the most of it.

I stopped when I walked out the door and stared at the second staircase. He told me not to go up there, but why? I was determined to know and even more determined to find out. Quietly, I snook up the stairs, looking back every now and then to check if he was coming. Reaching the landing, I found all but one door, a dusty wooden door, the golden doorknob had a cleaner spot where Rumplestiltskin had clearly been coming regularly. I take a grasp of the handle and push the door open. The room is dark, very dark infact. He'd probably use his magic here to see around, but a ray of light in the corner indicated that there was a window.

I stepped in the room and thoroughly checked the darkness for something I may accidentally bump into - useless really, I never saw anything, yet luckily I never bumped into anything either. I found the light and pulled on the soft fabric that was hung there, I tugged and tugged until it finally came down and sunlight flooded the room. I squinted at the sudden mass of light that shone into my eyes, but eventually I turned away from it, and stared at the room.

It was pretty dusty, no-one had been in but him and quite clearly, he didn't do much there. I walked around, going over to shelves and looking at the dust-covered toys that sit there, abandoned. Thoughts ran through my mind 'were these his?', ''are these from victims he's murdered?', 'did he have a child?'

Something caught my eye that moment, a large wooden box. I walked over and knelt in front of it, blowing the dust away and wiping any left over parts, staring at the beautifully patterned carvings of rope-like lines made to look like gold. I soon opened the box and frowned at what I found. Dirty old clothes. Probably used to wear them to kill people with.

I pulled one out, thinking of cleaning it, but to my shock, almost making me freeze; they were too small. Really small in fact. For... a child... I stared at the small, ripped, brown top that hung in the deserted room. "Who does this belong to?" I asked myself.

"Oh, Bae..." Rumple repeats, whispering into the child's hair that he's scrunched and poured tears into. "I'm so sorry, Bae. I'll never leave you again." He almost sobs.

The two stay there, holding one another for a while. I watch the happily reunited couple, to then turn to the depressing upset family who have just had a massive loss.

I stand awkwardly, knowing everyone needs space. 

"I'll just... go outside..." I whisper to myself, turning and pushing the door and making my way outside.

I cross my arms in attempt to warm myself up, but it doesn't work. I just continue to walk, thinking.

I'm going to be having a child - wow. Bae's a boy again. Rumple will have gained more power.

Then something taunts me. Regina. 

"Going somewhere?" A vicious voice asks. Turning, I find Regina stood with a smirk on her face. 

"No..." I answer awkwardly, glaring at her.

"You're pregnant?" She asks, rather flabbergasted. "Won't be surprised if its first word is 'dearie'." She laughs to herself. For some reason, it makes me smile, but soon that smile is erased when I remember who said it.

"What do you want?" I growl, taking a step back.

She stops laughing and lifts her eyebrow. "I just came to say hello." She grins. "Oh! And to tell you I'm going to kill Rumplestiltskin... and then your baby." She laughs evilly, I can almost see the devil in her, before she quickly vanishes in a puff of black smoke.

My mouth hangs open for a little while as I stand in the middle of the street, staring at the empty space where Regina was stood.

"No one," I whisper to myself. "No one touches my love ones."