Chapter 16

Rumplestiltskin's POV

I remain seated as she makes her way out. Every little movement, I watch her, I hate seeing her leave. 

"This is your fault!" A loud, frustrated voice shouts in my face, causing me to completely lose track of thought.

"Excuse me?" I ask, turning my head slowly, to find Snow White's devastated face.

"Your the reason she drove out there in the first place! It's all your fault!" She screams, allowing more tears to pour from her burning red eyes.

I shake my head, then smile. "How on Earth is this my fault? I told her to stop the car and she didn't." 

She then moves her head back a bit, standing up straight and covering her mouth with her hand. I stand up and walk past her, knowing there's nothing left for me to do here and although I'm quite annoyed at Snow White, I ask one thing. "Please, do look after Henry." I plead, before making my way out of the Hospital and down the road back towards the shop.

I can feel it, I feel my power regaining, my legs walk strongly and my breathing is back to normal. I think about it for a while - teleporting to the shop - but I know now I need to save up my magic for something more worth while than a job that can be done in minutes.

But before I can continue to walk, I feel something watching me. The eyes glued onto my back, I can almost feel it. "Regina." I say, only just loud enough for her to hear me. "What," I hiss much louder. "Do you want?" I finish asking, turning around to face her. Her evil eyes almost stun me as soon as I find contact with them, hardly being able to move as she stands up and slinks her way over.

"You found him yet?" She cackles, knowing exactly what just happened. 

I don't reply, just glare at her, anticipating her reaction. 

"Thank you for saving my son, Rumple. But do be aware that I have no intentions of saving yours." She says casually as though it's an everyday thing. A smirk cracks onto her face when she believe she's 'won' this round.

"He's not your son though is he, Regina? He's Emma's. So I'm sorry to inform you that your threats don't harm me. What-so-ever." I say cleverly, before doing my high-pitched voice nearer the end of the sentence, returning the smirk and walking off.

I hear a faint puffing sound behind me, then things go silent. 

Once I get to the shop, the sun begins to set. I didn't realise how long we'd been at the hospital... 

I sit on my arm chair and close my eyes to think. What was that thing I seen in the forest? Why did it stop me from seeing my Bae?

The image of it running out onto the road flood my mind, it's almost hard to open my eyes. But as I do, I breathe, as though I'd been holding my breath, as if I'd been stuck there. I get to my feet and walk around, looking at all the things I've got to take my mind off it. I take the cup and hold it close to me. 

Placing the cup down gently, I know there is only one thing left for me to do. Go to the forest and find out what the hell that thing was.

My determination comes through as I whack the door open and forcing my way out. The sun has disappeared almost behind the distant tree's, making the place dark and the street lamps to come on.

I walk faster down the road, almost jogging, just wanting to find this thing. Thing. The more I think of it, the more it frustrates me. What are you?! 

Then a horrible noise deluges my ears, causing me to freeze completely. It's screaming, the voice almost recognisable. Now what? This is seriously not a good day.