Chapter 6

Belle's POV

"I won't, Belle. I won't" He says with a forceful smile. I watch him as he closes his eyes to think. There's no point in me sitting there any longer, I'm not wanted for now.

"Right, I'll be in here." I crack the silence, as I stand up and walk back through the curtains. I take a look around the room. There's so many things here, it's too much to count, far too much. Almost over crowding the room.

As I search round, I find myself looking through his drawers. In the bottom one, there's a load of boring old paper work, guessing that's all the bills and payments. Then in the middle drawer there's a load of old coins and jewellery from the other words - I'm guessing. Then I open the top drawer, and to my sight, I never thought I'd see it again, was my chipped cup. The exact cup that I smashed the first time I'd met Rumple. I take the cup and hold it to my chest. Reminiscing the times we had, me and Rumplestitskin, not the cup.

I close the drawer, and walk out holding the cup behind my back. When I re-enter the main room, he's still sat on the seat in the corner, but he smiles at me, but his face soon changes to confusion. 

"You still have it!" I say quietly, trying not to cry as I pull the cup out from behind me. The tears start to pile up in my eyes as I stare down at him and the cup. He stands up as soon as he see's it and eagerly reaches for it, carefully taking it from my hands. 

"Yes, yes I do have it." His voice affected by the water forming in his eyes, almost the same as mine. "This, Belle. This was all I had left of you, you said it yourself. This may be one of the hundreds of things in this shop. But one in a hundred it certainly is. This, Belle. This is the thing I treasure most." He finishes, allowing a tear to slowly roll down his cheek.

As I smile, I can feel the build up of water want to burst out, to show him how much this means to me, but I don't want to show too much care. Last time I done that, I got shot out and locked up for twenty-eight years of my timeless life. I could feel my heart tearing as I held back the tears, but I could see the water slowly but surely releasing from his eyes.

I reach up and wipe his cheeks and eyes, hugging him tight, loosely letting out air to stop my own tears from falling.

He puts the cup in his pocket and stands up straight. "I'm sorry, Belle." He says strongly with determination in his eyes. "I have to go." He ends, starting to walk away.

"But, wait! Let me come!" I shout back, need flooding my eyes as quickly as want in my voice.

"No, Belle. You're staying here this time. I need you to look after the shop. Please?" He ends pleadingly, a way nobody could say 'no' to.

I sigh, and nod, not wanting to say anything, then watch him hobble his way out the door down the road where I lost sight of him.

"Don't be silly, Rumple." I say to myself quietly. "Please." I copy, sitting down on the arm chair and closing my eyes.