Posibility

"But that's not possible right? How is that possible?" I cried into the phone. I was on the phone with my doctor, maybe the test was malfunctioned. "You want me to come in?" I said in disbeliefe. "What do I tell my dad?!" I shreiked quietly. Although Caleb was the only person in the house, since Dad woukdn't be getting off for another hour or two and Andrew was next door, I felt like this conversation should be kept on the quiet side.

My docotor reassured me and told me that we would get this all figured out. I made an appointment to come in after school. After hanging up with her, I paced around the bathroom. How was this possible? How could I still be pregnant? How was this even possible? Had I been crying all this time for nothing? Was it time to start crying over something bigger? If Iwas pregnant, would I keep this baby? All kf these qhestions and more ran through my head.

I bit my nails. "Calm down Tabitha, you're over reacting." I mumbled to myself repeatedly.

"Tabitha?" Caleb called groggily. I jumped as I heard his footsteps coming down the hall. I shoved the evidence of what I'd been doing into the linen closet. Just as I shut the door, Caleb's still sleep face appeared in the door.

"Oh! Hey." I said quickly. My chest rose and fell nervously. My cheeks burned so I looked away from him. "I was just about to wake you up."

He stiffled a yawn. "Yeah, I'm gonna head out."

I nodded, keeping my eyes on the tiles in the floor. "Alright."

The moment I was alone, I began pacing and mumbling again. My nerves got the better of me. I pulled my t-shirt from over head and examined my torso from multiple angles. It's not like I knew what I was looking for, but I rubbed my hand over my belly anyway.

I shook my head. There was no way. There had been too much blood for there to still be a growing child inside me.

******

"Babe, you've been preoccupied all day. What's up?" We were walking outside after school. He had his arm around my waist, he didn't know it, but he was keeping me standing upright.

"Oh, no I'm fine. I'm just ready for it to be Friday." I lied.

He nudged me in the side. "Excited about our date?"

I shrugged. "Mmm, not really." He made a face and I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I'm kidding, of course I'm excited."

He pecked me on the lips. "Yeah, nice save." He smirked.

I smoothend out his collar. "I'm serious. It'll be our second official date." I bounced up and down on my toes like a little kid.

He laughed. "Technically our third." He pointed out.

"I'm sorry, but did I miss our second?" My arms were still wrapped around his neck, so I stood on my toes to kiss the tip of his nose.

He smirked making a mock hurt expression on his face. "You mean you forgot our movie night in?"

"I...think I did." I laughed.

"The night you begged me to have sex with you but not to?"

I smacked his chest. "Josh?!"

He laughed. "What, you did!"

I blushed thinking about that night. I had been extremely hormonal thanks to the baby that had been growing inside of me.

"Still, that's not a date. It's hanging out."

He kissed me on the lips gently. "Either one is fine by me, as long as I'm with you."

After becoming breathless from his kiss, I pulled away and giggled. "That was the chessiest thing you've said so far."

He cocked a brow with a lopsided grin on his face. "What you don't like cheesey goodness?"