Epilogue

"Caleb I'm scared. I-I can't do this!" I squeezed his hand to the point where he winced in pain.

"Yes, yes you can." He nodded. "Look, look at me," he prompted as the whole bottom half of my body retched in pain. All I wanted to do was scream and get this baby out pronto. He paced his breathing with mine, calming me down. "You can do this. I'm right here."

Aunt Rachel came over and wiped at the sweat on my forhead. My hair clung to my head like a drenched puppy. "You can do it Tab, your Dad will get this baby out to you real, real soon okay, you'll have you a beautiful little baby." She said soothingly.

I nodded, trying to ignore the pressure and the urge to push. This pain was like nothing I had ever felt, and it was something I never wanted to feel again.

"Okay honey, I'm gonna ask you to push on the count of three okay? And then I want you to stop when I get to ten, you got that?" I nodded feverently. "One...two...three."

All hell broke lose. I had never done to well with physical pain, my screams could be heard in every room in this hospital. I cried as Caleb held on to my hand, I squeezed his for dear life as he cooed soothing words to me.

"Ten. Wait, wait, wait. Don't push, don't push." His nurses haned him a towel, signaling that my baby was about to enter the world. "Now on the count of three, I'm gonna need one big push, the biggest push you've got and we'll have our baby."

I prepared myself for the final one, cursing the air as I did. I counted down the seconds in my head, trying to focus as I pushed one last time. With a release of pressure, I felt my baby slip right out. Seconds later, a little wail entered the atmosphere.

I laughed as the tears still came, flowing freely. I had did it, I'd brought my baby into the world with the help of my dad.

"It's a boy!" He laughed. "Oh my god, I have a grandson, I have a grandson!"

I smiled, collapsing my head against the pillows, I felt weak, but nothing would stop me from getting to my son. He was still covered in my body fluids when they placed his small crying frame on his chest.

I cried, holding him towards me, his little body took little short burst of air as his crying slowed. He knew exactly who I was.

Caleb kissed my forhead, tears in his own eyes. "You did great love."

Too soon, they took him back to get him cleaned up, measured and weighied. Aunt Rachel was wiping at her on tears now also.

"Oh Tabitha, I'm so proud of you! I know Jane is too." I smiled up at her, knowing she was right. I was beginning to come to terms with my mother's death, having my own child here gave me hope, I knew she was in a better place.

When he was nice and clean, they placed him back in my arms. His eyes were wide open as he looked up at me. I was staring at an exact replica of Caleb's. Kissing his little head, I looked up at Caleb.

"So what do you think Dad?"

He smiled, a loving look crossing his face. "He's as perfect as his mother." He kissed me gently, sending those same intensified tingles all through my body.

******

"Oh my god he looks just like Caleb!" Hannah squealed, Riley tagged along behind her, a smile plastered on his face. My family had been coming all day, but I was excited to see my best friends.

It was a little after eight, so it was still light out, I had the curtains in the room drawn though, so the only light came from the lights above my bed.

My dad had gone to do rounds and Caleb's parents had went home, seeing that we were both healthy. Caleb was sprawled out on the sofa, snoring lightly. I knew he was worn out, he'd spent the last twenty-two hours up with me in labor, but refused to go anywhere.

"I know, isn't he the cutest baby?" He was fast asleep in my arms. Had to learn how to put him down or he was gonna be spoiled rotten.

"What's his name?" Riley asked.

I looked down at his little face. The moment I saw him, I knew what his name would be. It fit him perfectly since he was a replica of his father.

"Caden. Caden Daniel Folk."

Hannah smiled. "Aw, that is so cute! Caden and Caleb."

I nodded. She brushed his bit of his exposed hair.

"Can I hold him?"

I gave her a look with a smile. "Only if you promise not to drop him." Hannah tended to be a little bubbly.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that she doesn't." Riley smirked as I catiously handed him over, I didn't like sharing my baby.

She laughed. "You look like you want to bite my head off."

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "I'm a new mom, leave me alone."

"Mom." Hannah rolled the word over her tongue. "That has a nice ring to it."

Riley rolled his eyes. "Don't even think about it."

We both laughed. "I'd listen to him if I were you. Wait a little longer."

She nudged me. "Look at you sounding all smart and grown up."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

******

"Caleb, be careful with him." We were getting ready to leave the hospital only a day later. Right now, Caleb was strapping his son into his car seat.

"I got him." He chuckled. "Why are you always so nervous?"

"Because he's little." I blushed defensivley. All though I only had him a week early, he weighted four pounds and six ounces. Which was still healthy, but it made me nervous.

"Tell your mom that daddy's got you." He cooed to a sleeping Caden. That's all he seemed to do.

I rolled my eyes and tapped the back of his head. He smirked and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

I said goodbye to my dad as we headed out, he'd be home late, but Caleb's parents were there if we needed them.

Caleb had brought my car since I already had the bottom to his car seat all ready strapped in. He placed Caden inside before helping me out of the wheel chair and then into the back with the baby. My body was still extremely sore. He climed into the front and started the engine.

"Let's bring this baby home!" I laughed and shook my head.

When we got home, the house was quiet, Andrew was next door with Caleb's parents. He had met Caden shortly after he was born, but had more intrest in the fishes in the fish tank.

Once I was settled in the rocking chair feeding Caden, Caleb came and sat down on the footrest in front of me. He kissed me before kissing Caden softly on the top of his dark hair.

"So this is it huh?" He said quietly, a tilted smile taking over his face.

I shook my head and smiled as he cocked a brow. "This is just the beginning."

The End....well, at least for now ;)