Picture Perfect

"Are you hungry Andrew?" I helped him into his chair so that he could have lunch. I would be keeping Andrew for a bit, even against Rachel'l protest. We owed her a lot. She had been looking after him as if he were her own.

"Hungry Tab! I hungry!" He shouted.

I smiled. It felt like I hadn't spent time with my little brother in forever. I remember the time when he first came home. He was so little, so fragile, with his porcelin skin and tiny little features. He had to be the cutest baby I'd ever seen.

To think I would be bringing my own baby soon, wasstill a shock to me. In a way, I thanked my parents for having another child when the oldest was already 15. Because now that I look back, I see that it gave me practice for my future. Helping my parents when Andrew was first born was no problem for me. My dad was still at the hospital and my mom was tired from having another baby at her age then, and little did I know, she was sick even back then. So I had been the one changing quite a few of his diapers when she couldn't.

"Guess what Andrew," I needed someone to talk to. Who would be better then my baby brother? He would only understand half of what I would say, and could just barely speak english, so who could he tell?

He looked up at me with my mother's big brown eyes, something only she had out of us blue eyes.

"Sissy's having a baby." I said as I sat a sandwich and apples down in front of him. He picked it up with his chubby hands and opened his mouth wide, stuffing the sandwich in.

"Baby? Baby?" He kept repeating.

I nodded. "Mhm. A baby that's going to be your nephew or niece." He looke at me with no recgognition on his face. I sighed. "Guess who the daddy is?"

I didn't expect to get an answer, so I was shocked when he yelled, "Cabub!"

My heart started racing, had he just understood every word I said?

"Hey there Drew!"

I jumped at the sound of Caleb's voice. "Oh my god, Caleb!" I breathed.

He snickered. "Jumpy much?"

"No, I just wasn't expecting someone to just walk in my house." I shot.

He rolled his eyes. "Because of I've only been doing it for the past 18 years." He sat on the stool next to me, giving Andrew a little high five.

"Not quite." I retorted.

"Well, you know what I mean." He nudged me in the side. "So, how are you guys?"

I shrugged, it was easy to tell that he was reffering to the baby and I. I highly doubted that he was asking about Josh and I.

"Fine I guess." We still didn't really talk about our baby, it was somethig we just shyed away from.

He was quiet before he spoke. "When are you due?" I had forgot that Caleb hadn't been with me to any of the few secret doctor appointments I had.

"July." I mumbled.

He rested his arms back on the island, casting a sideways glance. "Have you...um," he cleared his throat. "Have you told Josh yet?"

I shot him an annoyed look. What was with all the questions? "Do you really think we'd still be togtherif he knew I was having his best friend's baby?" I snapped. Andrew looked at me with a funny expression as I recomposed myself. Our relationship was a touchy spot for me now.

"He's not my best friend." He said pointedly. "Best friends don't do what he did."

I sighed, not really wanting to go at it with him about Josh right now. "What did he do? If anything, you wronged him."