Formal

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Since we didn't have to come in to school today, Hannah dragged me out to the mall by my hair. We were going to find me a dress.

"Oh stop your frowning, we're gonna find the perfect dress."

I pouted. "We'll see. And hey, I don't want it complementing my bump. It'll just give people more reason to stare."

Hannah rolled her eyes. "Noted, now stop your worrying, all of that stress is not good for the baby."

"And I wonder why I'm stressing." I scowled.

"Because you worry to much." She said as she dragged me into a dress store.

There were so many to chose from. I wasn't sure where to even begin. "This is why I shouldn't be going." I grumbled.

"The theme is Fire&Ice, so we can chose from reds, maroons and mahogany, or white, pale blues, icy blues. There are so many to chose from." She picked up a white one white one with lots of ruffles and beads.

"Uh-uh, put that back." There was no way I was putting that on.

She laughed. "Well, it won't make your bump obvious."

I gave her a look. "My bump isn't that big, that dress is for a whale stomach."

She shook her head with a smile. "You aren't going to make this easy for me are you?"

I mimicked her actions. "Nope."

"Ergh! Just give it up, I'm not going, there's obviously no dress in here that I like."

She zipped yet another one up and then stood back to take a look at it.

"Oh my gosh this is the one!" She said with a big smile. She turned me around so that I could examine it in the mirror.

My eyebrows shot up at what I saw. I hadn't seen her pick this dress out, yet it was beautiful. How had I missed it? It was a deep red and a sort of velvety and sheer material, so it didn't cling to my body, yet it hugged it in all the right places. The area by my belly was knotted into a slight twist and fastens with a diamond broach thing. It was one shoulder and had the same diamond broach on the one band of material on the left arm.

"Wow." I said after a moment.

"Right?!" She bubbled. "Tabitha this goes great with your pale skin and blonde hair, and you know how you love that blood red lipstick."

I smoothed the sides out, admiring every angle of my body. There didn't even appear to be a pregnancy bump.

I nodded. "Okay, it's not so bad." I understated. "I guess...I'll take this one."

"Really?!" She chirped.

I rolled my eyes. "What choice do I have, the dance is tonight."

She checked her watch. Oh my goodness it's already three! We still gotta get our hair and nails done and then get dressed!"

"What time does the dance start?" She helped me step out of it, I caught a glimpse of my round stomach in the mirror.

"Seven." She hurried me out and then we quickly paid for my dress. We stopped by the food court to get something to eat on the go.

Hannah had picked me up, so we were taking her car. "Oh and don't worry, I'll let you borrow a pair of heels, just make sure you bring a pair of flats with you."

"I have a few pairs." She gave me a surprised look and I cut my eyes. "Amber brought me like five pairs when she took me shopping." That day felt like it had been years ago.