Friday

It was finally here; it felt like it took forever, but it was finally Friday. My first week had passed by surprisingly well. I spent most of my time with Caleb and Josh. After Tuesday, things were a little stiff, but turned back to normal.

Caleb couldn't take me to school today because he had somewhere to be this morning. Dad had offered me, but I was catching a ride with josh.

I was taking time to actually put myself together. I didn't want to feel like I was changing my I image for a guy or to fit in, but I did decide to try something a bit different. So I put on a skirt. Yes, a skirt.

My shirt was a simple tan colored blouse with gold buttons. I tousled my hair, letting it wave down my back.

To say I was nervous was an understatement. It would be just the two of us in the car for ten minutes. I made an attempt at calming my nerves by eating ice.

I had my sketch pad out on the island and was drawing some balloons when there was a light knock on the door.

My heart spiked before falling back to normal. I took a few deep breaths before walking over to it.

"Breathe Tab." Ugh! Why was I so nervous? It's not like I hadn't been around him before.

I breathed out and pulled the door open slowly. Josh stood with his back to the door, he turned, a smile taking over his entire face. His eyes widened.

"Tab?" I blushed and nodded. "You look...great." He all but undressed me with his eyes.

"Thanks. I'm gonna get my stuff." I could still feel his eyes on me as I walked away.

He was outside waiting on me by the hood of his car. I had to keep reminding myself to breath evenly.

With a smile, he held the door open for me. The car was just as I remembered, sleek and comfortable.

He went around and got in on his side. I got a whiff of his cologne the moment he got in.

"So did you sleep well?"

I shook my head. For some reason, the anticipation in my stomach would not let me go to sleep. I also didn't have Caleb. He'd been staying at his house.

He grinned. "Thinking about me again?" His smile was playful.

"A little." I said quietly.

He took a hand and squeezed my kneecap. I had to remember how to breath. "A little?!" He laughed.

Already, I was blushing like a fool. He made me feel...giddy? I don't know, it was something that I couldn't explain.

"You look so cute when you do that."

I blushed deeper. "I wish you would stop pointing it out."

He poked me in the side. "And if I don't?"

I shrugged. "I guess we'll just have to see."

"Hmm...I think I like the sound of that."

I chewed my bottom lip. Was this what they called flirting? It didn't sound all that innocent to me, and I couldn't help but think about what Caleb had said.

"Can I ask you something?"

He shrugged. "Shoot."

I paused, did I really want to risk pissing him off by asking the wrong question?

"How many girls have you slept with?"

He choked before laughing. "I'm sorry, what?"

I smiled nervously, maybe it was too personal to ask. "Are you really going to make me repeat it?"