Motions

The first few days after we first got back were beyond awkward but we played our roles well. No one suspected a thing. I continued to talk to Josh as usual and Caleb and Amber were still together.

Things with Josh weren't as strong as it had been, but it was still just as intense. He still brought out wonderful emotions in me, but I knew what they were now.

We still weren't officially a couple, but I felt like we were heading in that direction. We held hands, kissed and cuddled. Not too often in the public, but more so then we use to.

"So, the homecoming game is coming up on friday." We held hands as we walked to lunch together.

"I'm aware." I smiled at the floor.

"So..." He laughed.

I smiled at him. "Yes?"

"Well, there's this tradition the players have at every game."

"And what is that?" I prompted flirtatiously.

"Well, each player's girlfriend wears an "I'm With" shirt.

"I'm with?" He nodded. "What's that?"

He shrugged as we sat down at our table. I smiled shyly at Caleb. "It's a shirt that has the words I'm With, and a player's number on it."

I nodded. "Ah, I'm With number 14. It has a nice ring to it." He laughed and kissed the side of my head.

"Jumping to the shirt already?" Caleb said with a roll of his eyes. I chewed my bottom lip as Amber whacked him across the chest.

"Jealous much?" Josh smirked.

"Please." Caleb tossed a fry which he caught and ate. I snickered.

"So," Josh leaned towards me. "About homecoming?"

I smiled. "What about?"

He flicked my nose playfully. "Come on stop playing, what colors are we going to wear?"

"I'm not too keen on things in this department." I admitted.

"Don't you worry Joshie, I'll have her looking irresistible Saturday night." Amber interjected.

"I like the word irresistible." He whispered. I was sure my cheeks went red. Caleb rolled his eyes and got up to dump his tray.

"Stop." I laughed.

"So tomorrow we go dress shopping for you!" Amber squealed as I groaned.

"Good luck." Josh laughed.

*****

"Can you at least show me a peek?" Josh pleaded.

He was just getting ready to go in the locker rooms, the game would be starting soon. Amber had cut up a t-shirt and decorated it for me with sparkles and girly details. It showed a lot of skin, most of which was my stomach, and considering how cool it was out, I had to wear a light sweater over it.

"Why do you want to see it so bad?" I smirked.

He pulled me by my belt loops towards him before planting his lips softly on mine. He bit my bottom lip softly and I giggled.

"Alright, give." I laughed. Unzipping the jacket, I showed him the shirt she had made.

He smirked, running his hands along my stomach before I swatted it away. "Mmm, I see skin."

I shoved him away playfully, "Go win us a game and stop sexually harassing the bystanders." He laughed before kissing me and jogging off.

Caleb walked over to me after kissing Amber. She had went all out, putting pompoms in her hair, painting her face and everything.