Taga

It had been just as Josh said. Mr. Taylor seemed like he hated the entire world for simply exsisting. He called on me almost every single time, and when I couldn't answer, he'd tell me that being new was no excuse, I should have  come when school first started.

As soon as I heard that bell, I was up and out of my seat. On my way out, a girl with long pretty hair and clear skin caught me.

"Tabitha right?"

I nodded hesitantly. What if she remembered me?

"Yeah, I saw you with Josh earlier." She smiled sweetly.

"Um, yeah, you know him?"

She flung her hair and laughed. "Do I? He's my ex." 

I felt the blood drain from my face. So what now? She was going to hate me because I hung around her ex?

"Anyway, I just wanted to tell you not to mind Mr. Taylor. He's a jerk to everyone." She patted my shoulder as if reassuring me.

"Thanks."

She nodded. "So you're going to lunch now to, yes?" I nodded. She surprised me by linking her arm in mine. "Good. Same here. We can walk there together."

"Um." i didn't have time to object because she all but dragged me all the way there.

"Amber!" She waived across the hall. "Look, look who I found!"

I was never lost.

"Oh, hey Tab, how's it going?" She threw a few books in her locker and then hooked on to my other arm.

I wanted to run away as fast as I could. I felt crowded and just wanted to disappear into the background. All of the attention I was recieving was making me light headed.

"FIne." I croaked.

The cafeteria was huge with floor to ceiling windows and giant chandleir style lights. There was a mix of rectangular and circular tables. They pulled me over to one by the windows. It was a circular table with close to ten seats.

The two continued to talk, almost not even paying me any mind at all. Which I was fine with. I took out my brown paper bag and looked to see what my dad had packed. Yes, i was a senior in High School and my dad still packed my lunch. I had a chicken sandwhich, two bags of Lays chips and a cantine of juice.

I was quite fine with basically being ignored by the two. I bit into my sandwich, relishing the few moments I basically had to my self.

A guy with a skater cut and a polo sat down, nudging the two girls in the same process. The whined like two year olds as they made feeble attempts to get him back.

I felt my eyes roll. What was I doing at this table? Usually, I sat at a table on the opposite side of the room and watched this table longingly. Now that I was here, I just wanted to be back at my table, because it was really just...a table.

Moments later, someone's cool hands covered my eyes, blocking my line of vision.

"Guess who?"

I would know that voice anywhere. We could be in a crowd of a thousand plus and I would still be able to pinpoint it.

I removed his hands and elbowed him in the side. "You know i hate that."

Caleb smirked and pulled out the chair beside me. "Why'd you think I did it?" He snuck a few of my chips, daring me to  object. "I heard Taylor gave you a hard time?"

I shrugged. Is that what they did all day, talked about what happend in the lives of others. "It's whatever really."

"It sucks that we don't have any classes together." Caleb pulled a piece of lint from one of my curls.