Taga Long

Chosing between two opptions had to be one of the hardest things to do. It should have been simple, either I chose one, or the either. But, as always, things were easier said then done.

I sat on my bed that Ken and my dad had finished putting together. At the moment, it was the only thing in here, but I could care less.

What would all of the kids from my childhood were there? Would they tease me? After all, they hated me from the very begining. Who could blame them though? I was such a weirdo, with the too thick glasses, and the lime green braces, god it was awful. I could only imagine what my blonde mess of curls looked like back then.

And I still kind of was that same weirdo. The only difference that I could see between now and then was that my braces came off, and my glasses were replaced by contacts. My boobs were average as was my height, there was nothing too remeberable about me. I was all around just an average girl. And I wasn't even sure if I made the cut of average.

"Hey Tab, are you going? Caleb's outside waiting on you." I was pulled out of my thoughts at the sound of my father's voice.

"Um." Could I really just flat out say no? I mean, wouldn't that be kind of rude? I sighed. "Yeah, I guess so."

There was something like reliefe in his eyes as I passed him.

Like he'd said, Caleb was outside waiting on me. He'd changed into a v-neck and a pair of khaki's. Once again that stupid feeling was back in my throat.

"So you decided to come huh?" The moment he saw me his face brightend. "I thought I was going to have to walk alone."

"We're walking?"

"Well yeah. It's only up the street." He started off as I trailed behind.

"Where exactly are we going?"

He turned on his heels and walked backwards. "You don't remember? The fall festival?"

Every year the recreation center held all kinds of activities for the community. The Fall Festival was one many.

"Oh. Yeah, that."

"What, they didn't do anything like it in your old neighborhood."

This is my old neighborhood. "No, they did, I just...didn't go to any of them."

"Well why not?" Caleb had always been the kid that had another question for every answer.

"Just...because."

He looked me up and down before speaking. "You're shy. I can see it written all over your face."

He wasn't accusing me, he was simply just stating what he saw. I'd forgotten that at one point, we'd known every single detail about each other.

"What makes you think you know me so well?" I accused.

He stopped walking abrubtly, causing me to walk right in him. He'd caught me by my elbows, steadying me just before I tripped over my own two feet.

"Because silly, you're my best friend." He smiled as if it were obvious.

"You mean I use to be anyway." I thought back to the time when we staryed drifting. It killed me to not have my best friend around. It was I really began to pull away from others. I thought if my bestfriend didn't even want to be around me anymore, then who would?

"Well what-"

"Caleb! Hey, over here!" We both turned to see two girls all but skipping toward us. A guy with wind blown hair was following close behind them.