All for fun, not fun for all

"So, what would you like to do first?"

"Go home."

Caleb walked with one arm draped around my neck, completely ignoring my attitude. "We could throw some darts."

"Or I could throw them at you."

"We could bob for apples."

"Or I could just shove your head under."

He cut his eyes. "Would you stop being such a brat. Geez, your a pain."

My mouth fell in a little "o". Best friends definatly did not talk to each other like that. "And so are you!" I said defensivley.

He smirked. "That's the best you've got? We're going to have to work on your comebacks." He nudged me in the side.

For some unknown reason, I couldn't even remember why I was upset for him. I sighed in defeat. "Alright, alright. Fine. Darts."

He smiled. "That's what I was going to go with." He handed the kid in the booth a few bills after reciving the darts. "Here." He handed me a few. "You first."

My throat clenched as I looked on at the array of different colored ballons. I spent most of my time inside reading books, so it was safe to my aim was garbage.

"Okay, but it's your fault if someone loses an eye or two."

His throaty laughter filled my entire being, sending strange tingly feeling everywhere.

I took one of the darts and zerod in on a small pink ballon. It seemed to be an easy target. I brought my hand back and realeased the thing into the air. It missed completely and cluded to the floor.

Caleb snicker. "You throw like a girl." I could feel the scowl on my lips. The new Caleb was turning out to be a bigger pain then I remembered. "Here, let me help you." He rested a hand on my side and then placed the other around my wrist, angling the dart towars a much larger blue one. "The bigger it is, the easier it is to pop."

My breathing picked up as I zoned in on the proxmitity of our skin. Why was my body reactling like this around him? I grew up with this guy!

He pulled our hands back and then flung it foward, releasing my death grip on the dart. It sliced the air effortlessly, hiting the ballon with a poping sound.

He grinned. "Perfect."

"Y-yeah." I breathed.

"Now you try." The moment his hands dropped I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

I did as instructed before, and this time, I got the same result as I had when he helped me.

"Spot on!" He exclaimed. He handed over a few more bills and joined in. "Race ya? Whoever pops the most in one minute wins."

I nodded, not really even trying to beat him. It was evident that he could beat me with his eyes closed.

And of course he did. "Boo-yah!" A silly grin was plastered on his face. My heart double over at the sight of it. I was going to have to get control over my body.

I nodded with a small smile. God I was so out of my element right now. Why'd I have to be such a dork!

"For you." I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sight of a purple mokey holding a banana.

"What's this?"

He pulled me towards the other booths. They stretched on for about a good mile around the area.

"What's it look like?"

"You." I took the little thing ffom him and began rubbing its pluch coat absentmindedly.