Birthday Present

With Tadashi's help, you had escaped the prison cell and you were now walking with him to the Lucky Cat Café. You had convinced him to come with you, regardless of the risks he would have to face.

"Tadashi?" You asked.

"Hmm?" Came the absentminded response.

You bit your lip. "When you first found me, you mentioned something about knowing me in the past."

Tadashi stopped walking and turned to face you. "You meant so much to me," he murmured. He peered into your eyes. "When I was little, I always had an interest in science. But because of my young age, people used to tell me that I could never be an inventor."

You stared at him, shocked. "That's terrible!" you exclaimed.

"I know," Tadashi agreed. "But you... you were always there for me. You could always see the good in others, even when no one else could." He smiled softly. "Without you, I would have quit science a long time ago. All my inventions... including Baymax... would cease to exist."

You found yourself speechless. You were able to help Tadashi? If you hadn't known better, you would've thought it was a cruel joke.

"Didn't Loria take your memories?" You wondered aloud.

Tadashi nodded. "For a long period of time, I couldn't remember anything. Loria erased all of our memories, including mine and the rest of the team's."

"But for some reason, she couldn't erase yours," he stated. "Her machine didn't work on you."

Your eyes widened. It didn't work on me...? But why not? What makes me different from everyone else?

"Loria couldn't figure out why. So in order to keep her secret from the public, she held you captive for a year," Tadashi continued.

"A year?" You exclaimed. "That's crazy!"

"That was the year that she tried to kill Hiro." Tadashi sighed. "When I made that deal with her... I also helped her fix her machine."

"What was wrong with it?" You asked curiously.

Tadashi shook his head. "I... I don't remember. She erased it from my memories."

"Oh," you said dejectedly. So you couldn't know why you were special...

You perked up. "By the way..." you cleared your throat, feeling important for remembering. "Hiro's birthday is tomorrow."

Tadashi's brown eyes grew wide. "Oh, right! I completely forgot... what should I give him? Shoot, I don't have anything prepared at all!"

You let a small smile play at your lips. "On second thought, I think have the perfect gift..."

______________________________________________________________

You stood in front of the Lucky Cat Café, unable to suppress an obvious smile. Your heart was pounding a bit faster than usual as you pressed the doorbell.

Ding dong.

You heard footsteps, and then the door swung open. It was Hiro, yawning and brushing messy strands of hair out of his face. "Y/N? What are you doing here?" he asked tiredly. "In case you haven't noticed, it's 6AM."

You rolled your eyes... this boy could be such an idiot sometimes. "I took all the trouble to get here at 6, and I don't even get a thank you?" You joked.

"Thank you," Hiro said.

Your gaze softened and you stared at the ground, a light blush hinting at your cheeks. "A-Anyways... I came to say happy birthday, Hiro." You smirked, staring him in the eyes.

"You remembered," he stated quietly.

"How could I forget?" You flashed him a cute smile. "I have a great birthday present for you. It's outside... want to take a look?"

Cautiously, Hiro stepped outside and closed the door behind him. "I don't see anything," he muttered, before punching you lightly. "You got me nothing for my birthday present?"

You gestured to the side. "Well, not exactly nothing..."

Hiro's 'birthday present' stepped out from the shadows, "Happy birthday," Tadashi said cheerfully.

Hiro's brown eyes grew wide with shock, as he stared at his present - namely, a boy with chocolate brown hair and a nervous smile. Hiro's older brother.

"No way," Hiro stuttered, his eyes welling up with sudden tears.

"Tadashi...?"