Betrayal... or is it?

“H-Hiro...?”

He stared at the ground.

You looked to the others. “Then you must be... Honey Lemon? Gogo? Wasabi? Baymax?” Your voice broke. “F-Fred?”

Tears pooled up in your eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me?” You demanded. “I don’t understand. Don’t you trust me?”  

“We were only trying to protect you,” Hiro started.

“I never asked for your protection.” Your voice wavered slightly. “I would have found a way out by myself.”

“Y/N, you don’t understand...”

“I understand perfectly,” you muttered.“I’m not good enough for you. In that case, I guess I’ll just leave.

You turned to walk away. Hot, angry tears began to stream down your cheeks. You felt betrayed. I thought they trusted me. After all this time, I thought our friendship was real. I thought–

Suddenly, someone grabbed your arm. Your eyes widened.

It was Hiro.

You stiffened, trying to jerk your arm away from him. But his grip was tighter than you had thought.

“Y/N,” He started.

“What do you want?” You said bitterly.

He stared into your shimmering (E/C) eyes. “Do you know what it’s really like to be a hero? Do you know what it’s like to go through every day, knowing that the next battle could be your last?”

You bit your lip. You hadn’t thought of it that way...

“Do you know how it feels to risk your life for someone you don’t even know? To lose everything that matters to you, just for a stranger’s sake?” He continued. “Tadashi Hamada was a hero... he went into a burning building to save someone. But there was an explosion, and...” Hiro trailed off. A tear slipped down his cheek, followed by another.

You were speechless. “It’s not all fun and games,” He said finally. “Being a hero requires sacrifices that you can’t even begin to imagine.”

“I...” You stuttered. But there was nothing left to say. 

Hiro leaned close to you. “Please,” he murmured. “Just let us protect you.”

You nodded slightly. Then, before he could say anything more, you were gone.

______________________________________________________________

Secretly, you smiled to yourself. You took out a piece of paper and started designing your superhero suit.

‘As if I’d give up so easily...’

______________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Weird dialogue for a weird story x.x

Though you do have a point. And if you read over all of Hiro's dialogue, so does he.

I'm sorry if you disliked it... I tried! //sobs