Hello, I am Baymax

Hiro winced. “Sorry about this, Y/N...” 

Then he punched you. Hard.

You clutched your stomach in pain. “Ow! What was that for?”

But Hiro’s attention was focused on something else. You turned around. On the ground was a small red box that you hadn’t noticed before.

A white, marshmallow-like figure inflated from the box, which you now identified as a charging station. The figure walked awkwardly toward you, stopping a foot away from you.

“Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion.”

Your eyes widened. “Woah! This is so cool!”

“I head a sound of distress. What seems to be the trouble?”

“There’s no trouble,” You reassured him. “I’m fine.”

“On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?”

“Zero,” You insisted. “I’m fine, really.”

“I will scan you now,” Baymax stated.

Your eyes widened. “D-Don’t scan me!”

“Scan complete. You appear to have a minor bruise on your upper stomach.” A screen appeared in front of you, displaying a model of the human body. The location of your injury was highlighted in red.

Hiro grimaced. “Did I really punch you that hard?”

He received a glare in reply.

“Treatments include: Ice.” Baymax produced an ice pack seemingly out of nowhere. He handed it to you, and you smiled and thanked him.

“I cannot deactivate until you say you are satisfied with my care.”

“Well then, I am satisfied with my care.”

You smiled, watching him make his way awkwardly back to his charging station. It wasn’t often that something could impress you, but Baymax certainly did.

“How did you make him?” You wondered.

“Actually, he was made by my brother,” Hiro replied. “I just added a few upgrades.”

“Your brother? Cool! Can I meet him?”

Hiro looked away. “I’m sorry, but you... you can’t.”

You frowned, confused. “Why not?”

“You just can’t,” He said, a bit louder than he’d meant to. He looked away, tears forming in his eyes.

Finally, you understood. A year ago, Fred had told you that one of his good friends had passed away. But you hadn’t thought much about it.

That had been Hiro’s brother? “I-” You stammered, not knowing what to say. “I’m so sorry, Hiro.”

A tear streamed down his cheek. “Tadashi Hamada was a great man. He... he never deserved to die.”

“I know,” you said quietly. “No one does.”

“People keep saying that he’s not really gone. But... it still hurts.” Hiro buried his face in his hands, his shoulders shaking with sobs.

Just seeing him like this killed you inside.

It was times like this that made you wish you knew how to comfort people. Your past didn’t offer much help, considering that you didn’t remember any of it.

But there was one thing...

You hesitated, then wrapped your arms around his small figure. Somehow, it just felt... right.

Instantly, you felt him tense up. “Y-Y/N!” 

“I’m sorry, Hiro,” you said quietly. “If I’d known, I would never have mentioned it...”

Slowly, he relaxed, easing into your grip. “It’s okay. It’s not your fault.”

You stayed like that for awhile, your arms wrapped around him, as you ran your fingers through his messy black hair.

Finally, when his breathing evened out, you let go of him. “Y/N...” He began.

You looked away. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to freak you out... I was just–”

“Actually,” he interrupted, “I was just going to say... thanks. For comforting me, you know."

Your eyes widened, and you felt your cheeks heat up. “Thank you back,” you replied. “For showing me Baymax.”

He grinned. "Thanks for not calling me a weakling, even though I cried in front of you." 

“Hmm. About that...” You smiled evilly.

Hiro blinked. “What are you–”

Before he could finish his sentence, you reached out and punched him. Hard.

“Hey! That hurt!” He pouted.

“Now we’re even.” You smiled, leaning close to him just to whisper... “weakling.”

______________________________________________________________

Author's note:

There. Romance, just as promised. xD

So, how was it? Good? Bad? Comments and votes are greatly appreciated! ^^