The Ice Cream Shop

Author's note!

Sorry, no early update this time! I've been rather uninspired lately... ;.; But I finally got to finishing this chapter, haha.

A special shout out to everyone who voted or commented on the previous chapters! You guys make me so happy... thank you! <3

______________________________________________________________

“(Y/N) (L/N), I will never forgive you."

The words echoed in your mind. They had a nostalgic ring to them, as if you were hearing them in a dream.

You sighed, leaning back in your chair. A month had passed since your first day at the university. For several days, the sentence had been bothering you nonstop. It had nagged at you every second of the day, even daring to follow you into your dreams.

Still, even if it was a key piece of information, you couldn’t do much with it. You remembered too little about your past for it to come as any use to you.

You decided that now would be a good time to rewind and take a break from your studies.

You picked up your (F/C) phone and texted your friends:

Y/N: Hey. Are you guys free to get some ice cream?”

After a couple of minutes, your phone buzzed.

[1 new message]

Hiro: Sounds fun! I can go.

You: Cool!

Wasabi: Can’t, sorry. I’m going with Fred to the store.

Hiro: What are you guys getting?

Wasabi: Materials for new lasers.

Fred: And comic books!

Gogo: Sorry, but I’m busy at the moment. You two will have to go alone. ;)

Honey Lemon: Same with me. Hope you both have a good time together! ;)

You groaned. They. Did. NOT.

Unfortunately, Hiro didn’t catch on. For a fifteen year old prodigy, sometimes he could be really dense...

Hiro: What are all the wink faces for?

Gogo: ;)

Honey Lemon: ;)

Wasabi: ;)

Fred: ;)

You: ...

Hiro: ...

You sighed, slipping your phone into your pocket. Then you walked downstairs and out of the house.

You met Hiro at the ice cream shop. You then ordered your favorite flavor of ice cream and sat down across from him. 

“Hey.”

“Hey.” he fiddled with the spoon in his hand.

“Y/N, I...” He stared into your eyes. For a moment, you almost forgot to breathe.

“H-Hiro?” you murmured, your cheeks growing hot. “Is something... wrong?”

He blinked, snapping out of it. “What? N-No! Nothing’s wrong.” 

You studied him closely. “Are you... blushing?”

His face turned the same color as his shirt. “No! W-What are you talking about?”

“You are too blushing,” You teased.

“No, I’m not!”

“Wait a second.” Your eyes narrowed. “You like someone, don’t you?”

Hiro’s cheeks turned a darker shade of red. He hid his face behind his hands. “Yes... I mean no... I mean, maybe?”

“Oh,” Was all you could muster. For some reason, the thought of him liking someone else saddened you. You kind of wished... he liked you back.

Wait, what were you thinking? You didn’t like him. He was just a good friend of yours.

Right...?

______________________________________________________________

Author's note: *Cough* Friendzoned... *Cough cough*

Ahem. I mean, do you guys like this story so far? Is it interesting? Do you have any suggestions? Please let me know! My inspiration comes from your comments and votes~ ^^

Cookies to you all for reading this chapter! :3