Reunion

"My name is Tadashi," he said. "Tadashi Hamada."

Your eyes grew wide. "I..." you found yourself at a loss for words. 

"You thought I was dead, didn't you?" Tadashi smiled faintly. "It takes more than a simple fire to kill me."

"Why didn't you come back?" You stuttered. Your mind was whirling with questions. If Tadashi escaped from the fire, he should have come back to live with Hiro, right...?  Why hadn't he?

Tadashi's smile dissipated. "I... couldn't. Remember the fire I was supposed to die in? Well, I escaped right before the explosion took place."

"As a result of the explosion, Hiro was thrown backwards onto the pavement," Tadashi continued. "During his state of unconsciousness... someone tried to kill him."

"Loria," you finished for him.

He nodded. "I tried to stop her, but it was too late. So, instead, I made a deal with her."

"A... deal?" 

Tadashi's eyes were dark. "If I agreed to serve her, she wouldn't harm Hiro."

"So that's why you never came back," You realized. "You weren't allowed to. Loria forced you to serve her in exchange for Hiro's safety."

"But then..." Tadashi's face shifted into a frown. "Loria tried to poison Hiro. She knew he was allergic to peanuts, so she slipped them into his food." Unmistakable anger flashed through his eyes. "That day in the hospital was the day Loria broke her contract with me."

"I've been in hiding ever since," he admitted. "I would have come back to see you and Hiro, but it was too risky."

You threw your arms around him. "I'm really glad you're alive. And I'm sure Hiro will be, too." 

Tadashi smiled. "I'll tell you more. But first, let's get you out of here..."

 ______________________________________________________________

Author's note:

AS PROMISED!! I got so psyched about reading all your comments that I just had to sit down and write this XD

Although most of my readers are probably gone, I'm here to announce that Unbelievable will be officially continued! :D

*Insert applause here*