Moments!

A/N - Last chapter before the party and an incoming twist. What do you think will the twist in the tale be? 

Noah POV 

Gosh I loved this girl. Everything about her. If it were possible, I was falling in love with her even more, after every moment we spent together. Tonight was going to be a test of our sneaking around skills. 

Before we left my room to go downstairs and pretend we were setting up while Hayley and Lee were on their way here, with a comfortable distance between us, we had decided to be as natural and discreet as we could and not let anything suspicious give away our relationship. We hadn't spoken about particularly sneaking around and not telling anyone about us but it was an unspoken understanding to enjoy and build on what we had before letting everyone know. Well, that and given my reputation and Lee. Once in the open, there'd be a lot of answering to do, so be on the down-low it was. 

Hayley, of course didn't count in everyone. She was basically my best friend. Jim was too, but Hayley had been around Elle and me enough to know us and our feelings and about Lee's reaction to it. and moreover, she didn't even have to be told technically. 

When she and Lee came in, Elle and I exchanged a knowing look and she suppressed a blush on her face and I had to hide my smile keeping the excitement of this whole arrangement to ourselves. 

Unaffected, we continued to arrange the food and alcohol for the party when they entered. 

"Hey Noah, remind me why am I chaperoning your best friend, again?" Lee whined 

"Hey whiney, get a grip. I told you, I'll make it up to you, right? Hayley attacked Lee before I could say anything causing Elle and I to laugh. 

"C'mon Lee. You're used to chaperoning me around, so how does doing it for Noah's best friend make it any different?" Elle winked at Hayley and we all burst out laughing at Lee's driver duties. 

"Meh" Lee sighed 

"Anyway" I said "Come over here Lee. We got to move the furniture around." 

Lee got up from where he was sprawled over the couch got started. 

By the time the four of us got all the stuff done for the party, it was 6 PM. And people would start getting here by 7.30 PM. 

"Right in time." both Elle and I said at the same time as we all fell back down on the long recliner couch in the living room together. Fortunately or unfortunately, Elle and I ended up being next to each other on the couch and Lee was across us while Hayley was at the other end. I wound my pinky with Elle's pinky and she squeaked at the sudden contact. 

"Elle, Jesus we don't need to get deaf here." Lee made a face at Elle rubbing his ears 

"Okay Lee" Elle shouted in his ears 

Hayley who noticed our hands together cleared her throat and caused me to look at her while Elle and Lee were engrossed in their own conversation. Elle hadn't withdrawn her hand and I had intertwined all my fingers with hers now. 

Hayley excitedly wagged her eyebrows at me and I waved my hands as though gesturing her to take a hike. If we were going to be discreet, we could trust Hayley to be all the more obvious. She gestured her eyes for me to accompany her outside the room because she obviously wanted details and here my side of the story. I rolled my eyes, moved them towards Lee and then mouthed a NO to her. 

She pleaded with her hands joined and I couldn't resist laughing and then straightening my face and mouthing NO again before looking down at Elle and my hands telling her I wasn't letting go of this.