Two can play the game!

Elle POV

I was awake, in a cold sweat. I had to meet up with Lee for the booth this Saturday evening. We were putting the final touches to the set-up. The council had the day off from school to finish work for the fundraiser.

I stretched and looked at my clock and realized Lee would be here soon. That's when my Dad came into my room.

"Are you up Elle?" he asked me from the other side of the door.

"Yes, yes come on in" and he walked right in the next second

"Everything okay, honey?" he asked me in his most concerned voice.

"Of course Dad, all good" just stressed about our booth at the fundraiser. There's a lot riding on us, you know" I laughed my stress off.

"Honey, I may be your father, but I can see through you, you know. Now if you're saying you're okay, I won't push you, but if you never need me to scare someone, always tell me" he winked, gave me a fatherly kiss on my temple and walked out with his coffee.

As soon as I got out of bed, my phone rang.

"Hey Lee, I was just getting ready are you on your way?" I asked him.

"Well, hello to you to sunshine. I just wanted to tell you to come over instead of us working at your place. It'll be better; I won't have to carry all the stuff over." Lee babbled

NO. Just come here, please. I didn't want to get out of my safe haven, just yet. – was what I wanted to say but instead I said, "Okay Lee, I'll be over in an hour." I replied less excited. And more disturbed. And I guess Lee caught on it but didn't ask me more because when I went over, I was greeted by a huge bucket of my favorite dark chocolate ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate sauce on top.

I jumped and hugged him visibly happier than I'd entered the house. "Oh my god Lee, are you the best friend or what?"

"I just thought this'll be a good start to our day today. Moreover, I am guilty we haven't spent much time in the past few days." He said looking sad.

But I cheered him on. "It's okay Lee. Besides, we have all the time in the world once this carnival is of our heads"

"Yes ma'am and there's one more good news I have for you." I prodded him to continue echoing his excitement "Noah agreed to work the booth" WHAT?

My smile immediately turned upside down. "Wait what?"

"Yeah, turns out all we had to do was ask him. And last night, after I helped him with band-aid, I just casually mentioned it and he was on board. Can you believe it? Maybe my brother isn't as bad after all?" Lee hollered at me while I was still stuck at "Noah has agreed to work the booth."

WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON IN NOAH FLYNN'S MIND AND WHY IS HE PLAYING WITH ME?

"Earth to Elle" Lee brought me back to my senses. "Amanda and Debbie are going to here soon to help us."

"Okay, sounds good. Wait, where are you going?" I asked Lee as he started moving towards the front door.

"Just running down to the store to get our supplies. Why don't you get started on the painting? Everything is in my room. Be back in a jiffy, Shelly" and with that Lee was gone.

Lee's room. I had to climb the stairs, pass Noah's room and then get to Lee's room which was at the end of long hallway. And I wasn't ready to see Noah yet.

Hoping against hope that his door was shut, I tip-toed up the stairs without making a single noise. Call me stupid, but sometimes I knew what I had to do.

As I went higher, Noah's door came into my vision. And it was open. But that didn't have to mean, he was home right. Lee would've mentioned. Maybe he wasn't home. Right. His door was always shut when he was home. Great, you're safe Elle.

And with that I increased my speed up the stairs and just when I was about to reach my destination past my little hurdle, I crashed into something. Someone. And he steadied me visibly laughing.

"This isn't a playground, Shelly." His voice was a mere whisper. That made me realize how close he was; his arms on my lower back, stopping me from falling. My hands were on his muscular arms. Oh what a fine slice of man-pie. I licked my lips in trance. A chuckle from Noah what brought me back to reality.

"You seem to be drifting into La la land way too often, Shell" I swear to god him calling me Shell was the hottest thing ever. And his voice. Oh god, his voice.

But I wasn't going to let him fluster me. Two can play the game.

As I stood up straight and moved his hands from my back and also took a step back from him, "Well, Noah Flynn, sometimes La La land is better than certain situations we face in reality. Like currently, you know? I smiled sweetly at him.

He smirked, oh his guts.

"I'd believe you if you hadn't licked your lips. Safe to assume I was in those thoughts." He kissed me on my cheek and walked into his room and sat on his bed fidgeting with his phone.

"Don't flatter yourself, Noah." And I don't know why but I entered his room, walked up to him, almost standing in between his legs, I bent down to our lips merely an inch or even less away and said "Besides, you need me to protect your virtue, you know?" I smirked and walked away.

A/N 

Thanks for the love on the book so far. There's another one shot  I am working on which will be up in just some time. Please do read that as well, and as always, like and comment and let me know what you think!