My Shelly.

Noah POV

Elle Evans. My Shelly. I never thought she had it in her to be hot. But that kiss on the cheek itself did things to me down there. What was this feeling? That moment of closeness with her after 4 years...felt right. Felt special. Her sass, her charm, her body, she herself. God, how I wish I could kiss her perfect pout lips. She was different. She was sweet, kind and very different from the girls who otherwise had me on the top of the list of guys they want to hook up with. That was the biggest turn off ever. Under the bad boy image I had at school, I knew that deep down I sought commitment. I knew I wanted a girl who could see through me and make me want to be the best version of myself. And somehow whenever I thought about these things, it was her face that propped up in my mind. And it brought back the wise words of a person I dearly loved – Joni. Joni Evans, Elle's mom who no longer was with us.

While my mom was always there for Elle, Joni was always there for Lee and I. She was the first one who saw the real me, when she saw me crying when we found out she had little time left. "Noah, under your rock demeanor, I know there is a boy who has so much love to give, who deserves to be loved in the best way possible. You will find that person who will be able to see through you, I just know it honey. And that person will change your world as you know it."

I always felt she was hinting at Elle when she said those things. What made that feeling stronger was the fact that she also said "Take care of my Elle, Noah. She has Lee, but he is her best friend. You have always watched out for them when you kids were younger, and I want that to always be there. Elle should always have you to count on as well, besides of Lee"

That was when I knew I had fallen irrevocably in love with Elle. But I backed off because I knew I couldn't risk it. For one, the two dorks had rules about not dating relatives of their best friends (like what?) and secondly, the fact that that would also majorly affect Elle should we not work out. But, deep down something told me, everything would be okay, that Elle and I would be together and we were meant to be. I just didn't know how. But we would.

There was something about her that always had me glancing at her. Sneakily taking in as much as I could of her. 

Dinner was always an animated affair whenever she was over; she always had Mom and Dad laughing with tears brimming In their eyes. I enjoyed it too. But today, was different. After our "special moment" as I like to call it, I caught her sneaking glances at me too. And when I caught her, she'd smiled back at me. A smile that meant everything was okay in the world. A smile that reassured me in so many ways than one. She made the world pass by slower than usual. Time would stop. I had to momentarily drop out of my thoughts when Dad asked me if we were ready to leave.

I noticed she shifted in her chair, visibly shook by something. And I couldn't help but ask.

"You okay there, Shelly?" She looked up at me as if I had caught her robbing something.

"Uh yeah all good. Thanks for the amazing dinner, June, you're an amazing cook" she changed the topic but kept her gaze on me as I did on her. There was something off, or maybe, it was my thought-process. Never mind.

"Now you kids be good, alright? No messing around and no sneaking out at night. Be good." my mom told the two brats who were more than happy to have the house to themselves tonight because we were going down to the beach house and Mom Dad insisted I tag along so that they could spend some time with me before I got busy with the upcoming football season.

As Dad pulled out the car from our drive-way, my gaze didn't leave Elle and neither did her leave mine. Our eyes stayed fixated on each other as if we were in a trance. And once she was out of sight was when I realized how much her eyes spoke. But, again her eyes said something, but her actions and sometimes words, said a completely different story. She was tough to read, to understand, to see through. I'd thought I knew her, but I guess I was wrong. She always surprised me.

Elle POV

Back at the Flynn house, as soon as Noah and his parents left, I knew it was time for my little excursion to a place I always wanted to go to, but avoided. Oh boy.

As if sensing my nervousness, Lee came up to me and said, "Hey, I got to go. Zac's shift starts at 9, I was actually looking at getting there earlier. I heard Mia was going to come there tonight and maybe I can finally ask her out." He chirped excitedly.

"Oh my god Lee, for Christ sake, gets over her" I joked.

Soon he drove away too and that was my cue to begin my trek up to Noah Flynn's room. What I saw stumped me. 

A/N - Love always comes with a million emotions, overthinking and most importantly, confusion about your feelings for the said person! This is definitely a Noah I envision, a hard exterior but an equally soft interior, who opens up only to people he trusts and we meet them soon! I didn't quite like the way (I could be wrong) that in the first movie Noah was shown like a loner of sorts, maybe?? So in this story, I've introduced a couple of of his close friends who we will see a glimpse of soon and more as the story progresses! 

Stay with me! x

Please like and comment and let me know your thoughts!