Clarity...with a little bit of history!

Elle POV

I don't know how I drove home. I texted Lee I wasn't feeling too well and that I'll be back in a while when I feel better to help with the booth work. He replying saying not to worry about anything eased me.

I got home, and ran into my room. I didn't even realize whether anyone was home or not. I just ran into my room. I needed to think. I locked my room, as I went back to switching my phone off. But before that, I had a few messages from Noah.

Shelly talk to me, this isn't easy for me either.

I really meant what I said. I do love you and it's been this way for a very long time.

Talk to me, I promise to make everything better.

I switched my phone off. How could I talk to him about him? I myself wasn't sure about what I was going through. I was certain that I had a crush on Noah, but he, he felt something much more for me. I wasn't just a crush, I wasn't just one of his conquests; I was someone he had actually fallen in love with? I wouldn't have believed this, had I not read his diary.

With a very head, a confused heart, sleep took over me.

I woke up hours later and switched my phone on with a lot of missed calls and texts.

From Lee, from my Dad, from Hayley, From Amanda, a couple group chats and lastly, a bunch from Noah.

On impulse, I opened Noah's messages first.

Shelly are you okay? Your phone is off...where are you? I am worried.

Okay, Lee just said you went home cuz you were feeling sick. I'm sorry babe.

Let's talk soon, whenever it is that you're ready. I will wait for you. And again, I meant what I said. I do love you.

The rest were from Hayley, Lee asking where I was, and what plans I had for the day. The calls were from the same people because I hadn't responded to those texts. I responded to all and then went down to see my Dad in the kitchen.

"There she is." My dad exclaimed with a cheerful smile on his face. I kissed him on his cheek and sat down on the lounger in the living room while Brad continued playing on the Xbox.

"Hey Brad, go take a shower before dinner, go on." Brad left the room and my Dad turned to me. Sigh, another heavy conversation I wasn't ready for. Can I just run away? Jeez.

"So what's going on with you honey?" My dad questioned me. He settled on the lounger next to me and continued "I thought I raised you better than to be a teenage wreck so early on" he joked.

That was funny. I genuinely smiled and assured him nothing was wrong.

"I'd believe you if you hadn't come back home crying every day for the last couple days."

"Dad, I uh."

"Elle, there's only so much I can say. I don't know what the issue is and I only hope it isn't some guy who just broke your heart..." he sighed and continued "I don't want to know until you want to tell me or want to speak to me about it. But hear me out honey. Your mom prepared me for such days when you and Brad would have ups and downs in your teenage years. She thought way ahead and already warned me that you may not be comfortable talking to me about some things, that's what Mom's are for. And so, since your Mom isn't here, I've arranged for her Mom to be there."

As I followed my Dad's gaze, I saw my Grandma Paula come out from the TV room.

"Grandma" I sniffled and ran to hug her. My Grandma Paula had been a very strong influence on my life after my Mom passed away. She and June together were the maternal figures I could fall back on in life. As if my Dad read my mind, he said "I was going to have June speak to you, but she and Matthew are away in San Francisco for meetings today, so she suggested your Grandma be there for you and that you could use some maternal warmth. She apologized for not being there though." I smiled at my Dad and hugged him and thanked him for being so considerate.