Progress

I entered the Flynn house to see the entire house bubbling with so much activity. Amidst all that was going on, I forgot the kissing booth was literally 3 days away.

As I entered the living room, I found everyone busy working on some wooden part putting together something I should be more involved in. I felt bad.

"Hey guys" I finally mustered my courage and said.

"Elle" Lee jumped up from the pool of people in the middle of the living room and came up to me running and engulfed me into a tight hug.

"Where you been? Are you okay now?" he asked me.

"Yes, much better."

"C'mon everyone is here. It's a party. Noah's friends are here too. They came to see him and are now helping Amanda, Debbie and I put together the booth. We were so lost without you" he made his signature puppy dog face and I laughed.

"Elle, finally. Take over now, you're in charge. We all missed you." Amanda got up and made space for me to sit on the couch. I took a moment to look around and see who the "all" were. Everyone was there. Hayley, Heather, Jim, Jake, Amanda, Debbie and Lee.

My heart yearned to see that one face. Trust Hayley to notice my smile disappear as I replied to everyone's greetings.

She came over and sat next to me, "He was missing you too. For a while, he looked like a love-sick puppy waiting for his owner to come pat him" she joked and I blushed slightly.

She caught my blush and pulled me outside to the pool-side shouting at Lee that we'll be back.

"So...what's this blush business about? Is there something I need to know?" she asked excitedly wagging her eyebrows at me.

"Nothing of what you're thinking. I need to talk to him, before anything."

"Something is in the offing then. I knew I'd be a great cupid."

"Huh?"

"Your Grandma called me before she met you. Mom and Joni were best friends just like June was your Mom's best friend if you remember. She asked me if I knew what the reason for your weird behavior in your Dad's words was and I was honest with what I knew and felt. I basically confirmed her doubts and she said was coming down." She smiled.

"Anyway, go see him; he's much better now before you ask. He was helping too and Lee and he got along so well. A lot has changed, my friend and I think you know who gets the credit for this."

I blushed again. "Hayley, Lee is around and besides we aren't dating yet." I bit my mouth as those words came out.

Hayley started laughing again and said "So you have been thinking about dating Noah. Oh my sweet, Elle, I only meant go see him and calm your heart-beat and excitement, I can hear it till here."

"I'll handle Lee, he's deep down in work so I'll cover up for you. Now go. He's in the kitchen cooking dinner for us." she winked and whisper yelled before going back to the living room."

Thankfully, the Flynn mansion had an outdoor entrance to their kitchen which was from the pool-side. I went to the kitchen and looked at that sweet person as he waltzes around the kitchen humming the song playing on the radio and cooking.

I was feeling more connected to Noah, after everything that Grandma told me, what my mom meant for him. The guy had so much love in him for me, and he was certain about it. How was I worth his love, when all I did was push him away? Noah was never the one to be open about his feelings, he was truly himself with a very few people and some of them were in this house.