The Talk - Part 2

Noah POV

As we broke apart, I saw Elle mirrored the same stupid smile I had on my face. Somehow I hadn't stopped smiling throughout our kiss, and I guess it was the same for her too because as we looked at each other

"I can't stop smiling, Noah" she whispered caressing my check bone "this seems too good to be true, almost like a dream"

"Well, then you better wake up, because this is reality" I pecked her lips reiterating.

But she wasn't done yet and pulled me close for another deep kiss which felt different. As though she wasn't holding back anymore, she gave it her all in this case, with nothing to hide, full of love, and she tasted so sweet. Gosh, was I whipped.

The kiss lasted for eternity and we pulled back only when her stomach growled causing both of us to jerk away and laugh at the realization of what had happened.

"I guess we can now finally raid that good-looking food basket you've gotten me?" I smile at her as I open it and she smiles looking at its contents.

"Laila's? she asks as she cuts her bread and puts some cream cheese on it.

"Yes" I smile back taking a croissant and biting into it.

We sat eating in comfortable silence enjoying our new found status when suddenly reality came knocking our way.

Elle's phone started ringing.

I wasn't surprised as to who it was when Elle addressed the person.

"Hey Lee" she said immediately looking at me mouthing a sorry

I shrugged in response and continued eating while trying to gauge the conversation

"Umm I am actually down in Malibu with Grandma Melanie for the day."

"Uh sorry I couldn't tell you. It was kinda a last minute plan." She shut her eyes while lying to her friend. Something told me she had never done that before.

"Yeah, of course I'll be there for yours and Noah's party on Friday." She smiled at me saying my name.

"We will all prep together."

"I'll just see you tomorrow, Lee, directly for the party help in the morning? I don't know when I'll be home tonight"

"Okay, bye. Love you" she disconnected the phone

"I'm sorry you had to lie to him. I assume you've never had to do that before"

"Well Noah Flynn, there's always a first time to everything." She smiled pecking my lips

I smiled back and I knew she was pretending to not worry about how to tell Lee about us.

I wanted to ask her, but I also wanted to give her space and come to me when she was ready to speak about it.

But I guess it was already on her mind because she started to get nervous and she used to start playing with her fingers making weird shapes when she got nervous like that.

I grabbed her hands and pulled her into my lap breathing in her scent. She shrieked in surprise but welcomed the change in position.

She hummed in pleasure as she buried her head under my chin. For a minute, I didn't want to talk, but only enjoy having her all to myself for I knew our time together was limited, here on.

But I guess, she was on the edge about it and kept playing with her fingers. I held her hand again and she suddenly sighed and said "Noah, I am just nervous about how Lee will take this. There's something I need to tell you."