final

FINAL|THE OCEAN

"It's just like you thought, Hanje." Levi called out to the woman in charge of the expedition. "The Titans inside Wall Maria were pretty much all of them. We thinned out the majority in just a single year."

"In that case, let's head straight to our target as planned." Hanje replied, eye darting to the giggling woman leading the way. "I don't think I've seen her smile so much since we retook Wall Maria."

"I missed this." Lillian yelled, squealing with excitement as the wind went through her hair. After days of arguing Levi finally caved and let Lillian join the mission, Remy tied to her chest. "And Remy really is loving travelling by horse."

"Be careful." Her husband warned as she looked back at them. "We aren't fully sure if all the Titans have been killed."

"It's fine, I might be slightly rusty but I'm still more skilled than you." She winked before looking back ahead. A red smoke signal lit up the air causing Lilly to pull back to be beside her husband, worried about her son.

"Stay behind me." Levi ordered as they rode over to the soldiers who had found it.

"It's not moving?" Lillian hummed, noticing it's worm like body, too heavy to stand up and run with. "It looks funny, doesn't it Remy?"

"Don't encourage him." The man sighed, stroking his giggling sons head before going to investigate.

"What is Eren doing?" She mumbled to herself when she saw the long haired boy go up to the Titan and touched its head, almost sympathetic to the human killing monster.

"Let's go." Levi commanded, gesturing for them to mount their horses again. "We're close."

They rode off, leaving the Titan behind and a new recruit who was confused by the matter.

"Hey!" He called to them all. "Is it okay to leave it here? Shouldn't we kill it?"

"Leave it." Lillian screamed back before enjoying the rest of the ride. They soon arrived on land covered in sand, nothing but miles of sand. They were close.

The Scouts were shocked when they began to see mountains of stone which revealed a large wall.

"I'm sure of it." Eren stated, mumbling quietly to them. "This is the place where Eldians were made into Titans. And, beyond that..."

As he trailed off they slowed down, riding up the sandy hill beside to wall to reveal a vast array of water, stretching further than the horizon.

"Holy shit!" Lilly broke the silence, everyone too shocked to speak. Eyes wide and mouths open.

"Shit!" Remy repeated, laughing at the shocked faces of his parents.

"I didn't teach him that." She quickly raised her hands innocently as they all dismounted their horses, tying them up as the moved closer to the water.

"Really?" Levi raised his eyebrow at her before taking his son out if the harness and letting him walk on the sand.

Lillian removed her shoes, gasping as the sand slipped between her toes. She slowly stepped into the cool water, giggling with excitement at the new discovery. The bottom of her black skirt got wet as she went further into the ocean but she did not care.

"Levi?" She watched as her husband stayed far away from the water, still fully dressed unlike the other cadets splashing around in the water.

"Woohoo! Is this thing seriously all salt water?" Hanje squealed happily as she ran over to Lillian, splashing the laughing woman.

"Hey, Hanje. Lils. It might be poisonous, so don't touch it." Levi warned the two women but they ignored him.

"Come on, join us! Let Remy play in the water!" His wife gestured eagerly to him causing him to click his tongue and look away. She shook her head with a grin and walked out the water, stopping in front of him and wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're such a germ freak sometimes."

"Tch, you don't know what it is and yet you're playing in it like a child." He grumbled, kissing her lips gently, not caring if anyone saw.

"Can I at least show Remy?" She begged him with puppy dog eyes. "I brought him a change of clothes."

"Fine." Levi caved in to her look and removed his cape, ODM gear and shoes before following his wife into the water with their son in his arms.

"I promise you'll like it." Lilly smiled, laughing as Remy slapped the water and gurgled when it splashed him. "Remy likes it."

"Remy likes anything." He reminded her, refusing to admit he loved the cold water on his feet. A small smile graced his lips as he watched his wife, a large smile on her face, the wind in her long blonde hair, the water droplets on her smooth pale skin. And his son, one years old and being able to experience things no other human has seen yet. The child so innocent to the dangers of the world.

"Levi?"

"Yes, love?"

"I love you."

"I love you more."

[Sequel is up!]

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑬𝑵𝑫 𝑾𝑰𝑳𝑳 𝑩𝑬 𝑰𝑹𝑶𝑵𝑰𝑪 - Levi Ackerman [1] 🎉