eighteen

18|HISTORIA REISS

A month had passed since Eren had been rescued. Now the Military Police were after Eren and Historia, who Lillian knew as Christa. This meant Levi's Squad had gone into hiding with Lillian helping them.

"Stop acting like I'm glass." Lillian complained as her husband lowered her slowly into a wooden chair. They had all gathered around the dining table to hear Historia's past, find out why the government wanted her.

"You injured your ankle by walking, I don't trust you." Levi growled, making sure she was comfy before sitting at one end of the table beside her.

"I was born on a small farm in the northern region of Wall Rose." Historia began to tell everyone her past. "It was on land owned by the noble family of Reiss. As far back as I can remember, I was helping around the farm. But, my mother was always reading books and not once did I see her doing housework. She was a beautiful woman and at night, someone would come for her in a wagon and she'd go off to the city wearing fancy clothes. For me, that was just life as I knew it. After I learned to read and write, I picked up a book to imitate my mother. Only then did I know how alone I was. In all the books, parents cared about their children. They talked, hugged, fought, or so the stories went. I had never experienced any of those things. One day, out if curiosity, I decided to try hugging my mother. I just wanted to see what kind of face she would make. She ended up shoving me away, but that was the first thing my mother ever did to me. That's why it made me so happy. "If only I had the courage to kill the girl". Those were the first words my mother said to me. After that, she left the house and began living somewhere else. And then, five years ago, one night just days after Wall Maria fell, for the very first time, I met my father. That man, he was the lord ruling the land we lived on. My mother I hadn't seen in years looked terribly frightened. "If only I had never had you". Those were my mother's last words. Moments before j was to be killed, my father proposed an idea. That if I were to be sent far away and live out a quiet life, perhaps they could spare me."

The room stayed silent after the girl had finished, nobody wanting to say anything after hearing the truth about Historia Reiss and why her father was after her.

"Go to bed, you need to rest." Levi helped his wife to her feet and rushed her up the stars to a small room with a single bed.

"It's hard to sleep without you here." She whined, wrapping her arm around his neck and pulling his face closer. "I like cuddling into you while I sleep."

"Tch, brat." He sighed, kissing her forehead and pulling back. "I'll join you soon, I need to deal with the others."

"Be quick." Lillian quickly fell into a deep sleep when she felt her husband finally join her in the small bed, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her back against his chest.

~•~

It was a peaceful day, a small breeze brushing through the open window, flowers beginning to bloom after the harsh winter. Lillian Smith was regretting her choice of catching up with the paperwork today, she would much rather be taking a walk in the good weather. Her blue eyes gazed out the window at the trees, watching as the leaves danced across the forest floor. Letting out a frustrated sigh, she piled up the unfinished paper work and shoved it to the far end of her desk before standing up. She stretched her arms high above her head and let out a satisfied hum as she heard a click.

"Doctor!" Her content moment was disturbed as a cadet ran into her office and gave her a sloppy salute. "A cadets ODM gear failed and they're injured badly."

"Show me." Lillian threw on her white coat with wings sewn on the back and grabbed her medical bag. "And grab that." She gestured to a stretcher that lay against a far wall. The pair ran towards the forest and Lillian pushed threw the small crowd that had formed, ignoring their moans of annoyance.

"Hanje, what's the situation?" She questioned the brunette, crouching beside the man and looking over him to assess his injuries. She instantly spotted the blood seeping in to the grass from his head and the small scratches that littered his entire body.

"His ODM gear must have been broken because he just fell suddenly while mid air." Hanje explained, stepping back to let the woman do her job.

Lillian got straight to work finding the head wound and wrapping it up so he could be transported to the medical ward.

"You and you, help me put him on the stretcher and carry him to the medical ward." The blonde commanded before noticing two cadets staring worried at the man who she recognised as the thugs her brother had taken from the Underground. "And you two, you can visit after lunch."

"Yes, ma'am." They saluted as she followed the stretcher back into the building.

She kicked the two cadets out the room with a small thank you and removed the patients shirt, admiring his build before snapping herself out of it. Lilly cleaned up the dirt and blood off his face and body, getting a fright when his eyes suddenly opened.

"You scared me half to death." She breathed out, clutching her heart as she stepped back. "I'm Doctor Lillian Smith, you injured yourself so I'm fixing you up. But now that you're awake I should warn you that when I get to your more critical wound, it will hurt a lot."

"Tch, I'll be fine." He clicked his tongue and watched as she cleaned his face, her fingers gently cleaning a scratch then placing a gel on it.

"What's your name? I don't want to refer to you as Thug Leader when I fill out my paperwork." Lilliam questioned, as she rolled him over to get better access to the wound.

"Levi Ackermann." Levi winced as she removed the blood and dirt. His grey eyes darting to the now open door where the Commander stood patiently.

"Lilly?" Erwin asked, trying to get the womans attention. "How much longer will you be?"

"I don't know yet but save me a seat." She sent the tall man a smile before going back to her patient. Erwin nodded his head and left the room, closing the door heavily behind him.

"You're married to the Commander? Is that why you work in such a crappy place?" He snapped his eyes to hers when she burst into laughter.

"He is my brother and I enjoy working here, I get to see outside the walls." She explained, trying to muffle her giggles with the back if her hand. "But if you are so interested, I'm not married and I'm not seeing anyone."

"I don't care." Levi glared at her when she sent him a wink while placing the bandage around his head.

"Could you remove your short fully and lie on your stomach please, I need to check you did no spinal damage when you fell." Lillian stated, removing the grin from her face and putting on her fake work smile. After he had done what she said her fingers pressed around his back, looking for any damage. "You got off lucky, just a banged up head and a few scratches. You will be sore for a few days and you will need to see me in two days to check your head."

"Thanks." He put his shirt back on, noticing how her blue eyes drifted down his body before she turned around and cleaned up her supplies.

"Go get cleaned up and go to lunch, your friends were worried about you." She waved him off. "And remember to check in with me."

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑬𝑵𝑫 𝑾𝑰𝑳𝑳 𝑩𝑬 𝑰𝑹𝑶𝑵𝑰𝑪 - Levi Ackerman [1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara