thirty

30|THE CAVERN BENEATH THE CHURCH

They explored the church, looking for the entrance to the underground cave where Eren had to be kept. Lillian helped them search much to her husband's dismay. She stood on a rug and heard a small echoed clang as her heeled boot hit the ground.

"I think I found it." She announced quietly, waving them over as she kicked away the heavy red rug. A small door in the floor was hidden behind the alter, blending in with the rest of the church.

"Eren's gotta be in here with the enemy." Hanje nodded in agreement as she crouched down beside it. "Hopefully the layout in there is like I predicted."

"These presents better pay off, considering we went out of the way to prepare them." Levi stated, mentioning the smoke bombs the cadets were currently making.

"Before you all go in I would like to speak to my husband privately outside." Lilly sat up from leaning against a table and wandered outside, knowing Levi was following her. She nodded to Jean and walk to the back of the church where noone could see or here them.

"What?" He said grumpily, annoyed that she was taking him away from their mission.

"Is that anyway to speak to your pregnant wife who wants to have sex because this could potentially be the last time I see you because who knows what is waiting for you all down there." Lillian ranted at him, poking a finger at his chest.

Levi did not hesitate to force his lips on hers, backing her into the wall of the church, trapping her with his strong arms. The pair made it quick and passionate, showing their love through their bodies.

Lillian fixed her blouse while Levi buttoned up his shirt, both flushed and breathing heavy, trying to calm down before they go back inside.

"I love you, Levi. Remember that while you're down there because I don't want to lose you. You've always been by my side through thick and thin and I'm so fucking in love with you it hurts." She gently cupped his cheeks and kissed his lips. It was different from the kisses they shared moments ago, this one was sweet, caring and loving.

"I won't die, I have something to live for now." He placed a kiss on her forehead while his hand rested on her stomach. He had a family now, people to love and protect unlike his mother had done for him.

"All right, we're good to go!" Armin stated as the pair walked back into the church, Lilly avoiding Hanjes eyes as the crazy woman could read her like a children's book.

"Are we?" Levi turned to face the cadets. "Is everyone ready to get their hands dirty, too?" They answered him with silence, still expressions on their faces. "Guess so."

"Stay safe." Hanje embraced her dear friend before they scattered down the small door while Lillian quickly escaped the building, hiding in the forest with the horses and cart. She felt useless but the life of her child was more important than wanting to fight. She was a doctor, saving lives was what her morals were, not ending them.

The ground shook, Lillian holding on the the horses in fright as her heart broke. What was happening down there? What surprised her more was Armin and Molbit carrying Hanje out a hole and over to her.

"Is she okay? Are they other okay?" She demanded, helping them place Hanje in the cart to look over her.

"Hanje is hurt." Armin informed her, watching as the doctor got straight to work treating the wound. She cleaned it and stitched up the muscle before stitching up the skin. Lilly covered the wound and lay the unconscious woman's head on her lap. She stroked Hanjes hair out her face, cleaning the blood from her head.

The chapel began to collapse and the ground around it. Molbit and Armin quickly moved the horses further away, worried about how deep this crater was going to become.

"Hanje, are you okay?" Lillian sigh with relief as the woman began to wake up.

"Yeah..." Hanje trailed off, sitting up slightly to watch the same horrific scene they were watching. "What in the world happened?"

A large Titan emerged from the ground, the biggest they had ever seen. So large it had to crawl across the ground, it's face dragging as it moves very slowly.

"I did not sign up for this when I joined the Scouts." Lilly screeched in fear before covering her mouth as a sob shook her body. "Levi."

"He is okay." Hanje craddled the crying woman's head, wiping away the tears that fell as they watched the Titan crawl away. "It's Levi, he can survive anything."

"Look, it's Commander Erwin." Armin pointed towards the incoming troops before turning back to the crater. "And there is Sasha and Connie."

"Thank fuck." She mumbled to herself, pushing her blonde hair away from her face as she prepared for any injuries they might have faced.