two

2|COURTHOUSE

Lillian sat calmly at the back of the room, patting dust off her doctors coat and glaring at men who looked at her the same way Titans stared at humans; like a snack.

Finally the main doors opened and Eren Jaeger was forced into the middle of the room and tied down by a metal post. She leaned forwards in her seat, chewing her bottom lip with unconscious concern. Eren was a dear piece of her heart, his father had trained her and during that time she became close to the family, especially to the two doe eyed children.

"Alright, shall we begin?" The Premier addressed Eren, watching the young man with curiosity. "Your name is Eren Jaeger, and as a soldier you have sworn to give up your life when called to for the good of the people. Is that correct?"

"Yes."

"As an enlisted soldier during a time of war, military documentary demands your tribunal be held as a court marshal." Dhalis Zachary informs him. "As commander of our armed forces, this matter is left to my discretion. Thus, I will decide whether you live or you die. Any objections?"

"No, sir."

"Your astuteness is appreciated." Lillian finally leant back, prepared to hear both the Military Polices wishes for Eren Jaegers future and the Survey Corps wishes. "Let us proceed. As expected, concealing your existence has proved impossible. And unless we publicly disclose your existence, in one fashion or another, we risk the outbreak of a new non-Titan threat. It falls to me to decide which regiment should take charge of you. The Military Police Regiment or the Scout Regiment. To begin, the Military Police will now present their case."

"Thank you, sir." The commander of the Military Police stepped slightly forwards from his place on one side of the room. "My name is Nile Dawk, Commander of the Military Police, our recommendation following a thorough examination of his physiology, Subject Eren Jaeger should be disposed of immediately. We acknowledge his ability played in turning back the latest Titan incursion. However, his existence is now stirring up rebellious ideas as well. As such, after he's provided is with as much information as possible, he will be made a fallen warrior of humanity."

"Unacceptable!" A priest yelled, causing everyone's head to turn to him. "He is vermin that has defiled and infiltrated the walls built by God's great wisdom! He should be killed at once!"

"Pastor Nick, please remain silent." The Premier sent a small glare in the religious mans direction as a warning for his sudden outburst. "Next, let us hear the Scouts Regiments idea."

"Yes, sir." Erwin Smith spoke up causing Lillian to scoff to herself at the sound of his voice. "I, Erwin Smith, 13th Commander of the Scout Regiment, offer the following proposal. We intend to accept Eren as an official member of the Scout Regiment and utilise his Titan ability to retake Wall Maria. That is all."

"Hmm? That's all?" Zachary asks in confusion from Erwin's short answer, causing murmurs to fill the room.

"Yes, sir." Erwin nodded his head slightly. "With his assistance, we can reclaim Wall Maria. I believe it is clear what our utmost priority should be."

"Quite bold." The Premier stated, watching the Commander carefully. "Tell me, from where would you launch this operation? Commander Pyxis, the wall has been completely sealed in Trost Distract, correct?"

"Yes." The Commander of the Garrison Regiment agrees. "I doubt its fate will ever open again."

"We will depart from Calaneth District, to the East." Erwin begins to explain his plans. Lillian waited patiently in the back of the room, questioning to herself why the Premier wanted her here. "From there we would approach Shiganshina, by establishing a new route from scratch."

"Just a damn minute!" A merchant shouted. Lillian ignored the sudden uproar in the room, all these pigs from Wall Sina worried about their money and food that they do not want to waste on the refugees in Wall Rose.

"When is this over?" She mumbled to herself, sighing as Zachary continues questioning Eren.

"Stop it!" Eren screamed. Lillian jumped in her seat as he raised his voice, his shackles clanging loudly against the metal pole keeping him tied up. "You're wrong, about it all. But you're all using speculation to push your own selfish agendas! In fact none of you have even seen a Titan, so why are you so afraid? What's the use of having power if you're not going to fight? If you're afraid of fighting for your lives, let me do it! You are all cowards! Just shut up and invest everything in me!"

The room stilled. That was until a Military Police aimed his gun at Eren with fear he would turn. However, the Scout Regiment stepped in instead. Lillian flinched and looked away as Captain Levi Ackerman kicked Eren till he was bloody and weak.

"My personal belief is that pain is the best tool for teaching discipline." Levi stated. "What you need now is to be taught a lesson, not given a talking to. And you happen to be in a perfect kicking position."

"Wait, Levi." Dawk hesitantly raised his hand, the blood drained from his face as he thought about Eren turning from the pain inflicted upon him.

"What?"

"That's dangerous. What if he gets mad and turns into a Titan?" The Commander gritted his teeth to try and hide his fear.

"Don't be silly." Levi mocked the man. "After all, you guys are going to dissect him, aren't you? When he was transformed, he apparently managed to kill twenty Titans before running out of strength. As an enemy, his intelligence makes him all the more dangerous. Even so, I could handle him just fine. How many of you could say the same? Whoever dares to torment him had better think long and hard. Can you actually kill him?"

"Sir. I have a proposition." Erwin raised his hand to gain the Premiers attention. "Eren's Titan ability includes too many uncertainties which pose an ever present danger. As such, we will place Eren under Captain Levi's supervision and conduct a recon mission outside the wall."

"With Jaeger accompanying you?"

"Yes, Sir." Erwin agreed. "Based on the results of the said mission, you can decide if Eren has control over his Titan ability and if his existence is of benefit to humankind."

"Eren Jaeger will be closely supervised?" The Premier leaned forwards on to his elbows, indicating Erwin had won him over. "Can you do this, Levi?"

"Oh, I can most definitely kill him." Levi continued to stare down at Erens hunched form. "The real problem is that there's no middle ground."

"I've reached my decision." Zachary announced. "Doctor Lillian Ackerman, please step forwards."

"Yes, Sir." Lillian stood up from her chair, walking past the mumbling commoners and past the confused Captain. She stopped before the Premier, hands clasped behind her back as she waited for his command.

"You are to be my eyes and ears." He informed her. "I want a full report on Eren Jaegers Titan ability and how he is during the recon mission, is that understood?"

"Yes, Sir."