eleven

11|MEMORIES

"Lillian?" She twisted around at the sound of her name and was shocked to see Isabel with Farlan and Levi. "Are you okay?"

"Other than wanting to wax my brothers eyebrows off, I'm good." She smiled at the younger girl and saw the bandage was still on her head.

"Want to go to the bakery? I'm feeling better?" Isabel questioned hesitantly.

"I would love to! Is it okay is I borrow Isabel for a bit?" Lillian glanced between the men.

"Of course!" Farlan answered, cutting Levi off before he would say something rude.

"Thank you." Isabel and Lillian linked arms and walked towards the stables.

"Can you ride?" Lillian gestured to her head.

"I can, some idiot thought it would be funny to spook my horse." The red haired girl explained, easily jumping on her horse while Lillian petted hers.

"It things like that that make me happy I barely have any friends." The blonde shrugged before mounting her horse and leading Isabel to Trost.

"Well I'm your friend now."

"That makes me happy." The pair quickly arrived to Trost District, tying their horses up in the stable before Lillian grabbed her hand and led her to the bakery.

"This place is amazing." Isabel stared around the district in amazement, enjoying the culture and people. Her eyes widened even more at the sight of the bakery, loads of loaves of bread lined the far wall.

"Lilly?" An older woman squinted her eyes to get a better look at the two women. "Is that you?"

"Mrs. Rose, it's been so long!" Lillian quickly embraced the woman before dragging the drooling Isabel closer to the counter. "This is my friend Isabel who I've promised to buy some of your amazing red velvet cake for as her hair reminds me of it."

"Well if you wait a couple minutes I have one just being iced around back that I can sell you rather than just a slice." Mrs. Rose offered, noticing the second girls sparkling eyes.

"We will take it." Lilly laughed, before pointing at the big display of bread. "And can I get three loaves of bread and that tea I always loved, please?"

"I'll go get that for you."

"I thought we might as well have a tea party." The doctor shrugged, paying for the food and passing the cake box to Isabel. "Hold on tight to this."

"Thank you!" Isabel grinned widely.

"I'll try to visit more often." Lillian smiled to the bakery and waved her good bye, placing the tea in her small bag. "Let's quickly get some meat from the butchers and we can head back."

"Lead the way!" After paying for some cooked meat from the butchers, the pair rode back to the Survey Corps building.

"I'll go set this up in my office if you want to grab Levi and Farlan." The blonde sent her away and began to boil some water for the two tea pots. Then she placed plates out on the small table across from the sofa in her room and put the cake in the middle.

"We are here!" Isabel announced as she walked into the room, the two men behind her.

"Come take a seat, I'm just making tea." Lillian waved them in to sit on her sofa and let them dig into the bread with meat.

"You have tea?" Farlan looked at her strangely, a smirk playing on his lips. "You might just make a place in Levi's heart."

"Ah, another tea lover." She placed the two tea pots on the table with some mugs, milk and sugar. "Enjoy!"

~•~

"Lilly? Are you okay?" Eren clicked his fingers in front of the zoned out woman.

"Sorry, just remembering the good old days. You seem chirpy." Lillian chuckled as she began to check over her Godson, noting down that all his injuries had healed.

"How did you end up with Captain Levi?" He suddenly ask, catching her off guard. "You two are complete opposites."

"He use to train me to fight." She began, looking at her two God children. "After curfew so no one would see us down by the lake. Then we would sneak back to my room to have tea. Levi loves tea, too much if you ask me. We use to just talk for hours then we started spending our days off together too. There is this bakery in Trost we use to love visit."

"I didn't think he was the romantic type." Mikasa added quietly.

"He buys me flowers all the time!" She giggled, flushing slightly at the thought. "There is this Lord in Wall Sina who used to want me as his wife, promised me all the riches I ever wanted but I wasn't allowed to work anymore. Apparently only men should work while women stay home. I always denied the Lord so he came to visit me at the Headquarters once while I was eating lunch with Levi and our two friends. He attacked me when I insulted him and Levi protected me, faked being my fiance."

"He faked a marriage with you?" Eren questioned with confusion, his green eyes darting down to her ring on her left hand. "Are you two really not married?"

"We are officially married." She informed him. "We got married a couple years after the fall of Wall Maria. We took our time, both not open about our feelings. But I love Levi, I always have. He always knew what to say and when to just hold me."

"Why haven't you got children yet?" Eren continued his questions. "I mean it has been years."

"Remember that incident we spoke of when I was badly injured on an expedition?" When they both nodded their heads Lillian sighed sadly. "I was pregnant at the time, I didn't realise at the time as I was only a couple months along but we lost the baby. We have been tok scared to try again, especially when Titans still roam the Earth."

"I'm so sorry for asking." The boy leaned forwards in the bed to embrace the teary eyed woman. "I know how much you love children."

"Thank you."

"Eren, Mikasa, Lillian." Armin burst opened the door. "Titans are in Wall Rose."