five

5|DEAD TITANS AND NEW CADETS

Lillian sighed contentedly as she stretched her arms above her head. The sun was shining brightly through the window causing her to squint her eyes.

"Levi?" The man in question entered the room hardly dressed, his eyebrow raised as he crossed his arms.

"What?"

"How did you sleep?" She asked while patting the space beside her.

"Same as usual." With a sigh, Levi removed his shirt and lay beside her, letting her cuddle up.

"I know a good calming tea that could help add maybe a few more hours." Lilly suggested, kissing his chest and tracing his scars with her fingers.

"I don't care about sleep." Levi clicked his tongue as he kissed her forehead.

"People always ask me why I haven't had any children yet." Lillian started with a smug look on her face. "Its because I already have a child to care for."

"Brat." He rolled over on top of her, supporting his weight with his arms as his lips attacked hers.

"Captain!" A loud banging at the door disrupted the pair from their intimate moment. Levi growled with annoyance and wandered back into the office attached to the bedroom, throwing on his shirt as he walked.

"What?" He grumbled to Eld who stood on the other side of the door.

"The test Titans have been killed." Eld informed the man. Hearing the urgency in the mans voice, Lillian rolled out of bed and quickly threw on her brown trousers and blue blouse before wrapping her white cape over her shoulders.

"I'm guessing you heard." Levi stated as he watched the woman tie her hair back in a low bun.

"Yes, now hurry up and get dressed we have places to be." She kissed the corner of his mouth and pranced out the room to find breakfast before they left for the day.

Levi's Squad, Lillian and Hanje all rode back to the main Scout Regiment Headquarters quickly, capes flying behind them.

"How bad is it?" Lillian asked as she placed her hand on her older brothers back.

"They were valuable test subjects." He stated quietly. "I don't trust anyone here."

"Neither do I." The blonde woman stepped closer to her screaming friend, hugging her from behind to try and calm to distraught woman.

"My babies!" Hanje cried into her shoulder as she rubbed circles on to her back.

"I know, sweetie. Losing a baby is emotionally painful but you can have more." Lilly said calmingly. "We will get you more, I promise."

~•~

"I am so hungry!" Lillian groaned as she stretched her limbs, standing up from her desk. "Where is everyone?"

The blonde happily wandered into the kitchen of the huge castle, making herself a small dinner and a cup of tea. Humming an old lullaby to herself while she ate, eyes darting around the empty dinning room.

"Oi, brat." Levi called out to her as he walked into the room, eyes narrowing at her plate of food.

"Hungry?" She teased, holding the plate forwards for him to take it. "You know I don't mind sharing."

"The new cadets are here." He told her as he ate some salad off her plate.

"Is Mikasa with them? A black haired girl who always wears a red scarf?" Lilly shoved the plate into his chest as she went to go find the new scouts.

"They are in the courtyard." Lillian ran out the room and towards the courtyard, hearing the sound of chatter getting louder.

"Lilly?" Eren stared at the woman with surprise at her out of breath state.

"I heard the new cadets arrived." She breathed out heavily. "Mikasa?"

"I'm here." The girl walked forwards and awkwardly accepted the blonde womans hug.

"Look how big you've gotten." Lillian began to tear up when she saw Armin as well. "All three of you."

"It has been a long time." Armin gave to short woman a tight embrace.

"Who is this?" A tall boy looked down at the woman with a raised eyebrow.

"I am Lillian Ackerman, head doctor of the Scout Regiment, sister of Commander Erwin Smith and wife of Levi Ackerman." Lillian introduced herself. "So don't fuck with me."

"I'm sorry." The boy, who she learnt was called Jean, bit his tongue to stop himself from being rude to her.

"Are you all ready for the expedition? I was informed the new cadets would be joining." Lilly asked, eyes taking in all the cadets.

"I heard you usually join the expeditions too?" Armin looked at her curiously, watching the smile drop from her face.

"I usually do but not for the last few, its safer for me to stay back." She said before twisting around at the call of her name. "I better go, I'll see you all before you leave."